Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spacetrooper [BD 32]

The Spacetrooper was one of those briefly seen ‘characters’ in the saga, but was enough of a curiosity for us as kids that we thought it was cool. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Spacetrooper, there are a couple of them on the surface of the Death Star as the Millennium Falcon is drawn into the docking bay via a tractor beam. They merely stand there and point at it and possibly do some other stuff that might be part of their daily routine.

The body is pretty much the standard Stormtrooper body. The head is NOT a clone head, but rather a handsome brown-haired guy with a cowl over his head. The rifle is rather chunky and has a little handle on the top of it. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS YOU MAY LOSE THIS PIECE WHILST REMOVING SAID TROOPER FROM HIS PACKAGE! He also comes with the standard blaster and holster on the belt. The helmet appears to be the same helmet as all recent Stormtroopers are packed with, until you notice that there is a little hole on the underside of it at the front. This is where the rebreather tube connects into it. The backpack/jetpack is really nice and, for once, they designed it so there are no gaping slots on the trooper’s back! VERY nice indeed! The pack fits and locks over the square bit on the trooper’s back.

While it’s not the most excitingly new figure, it does deliver the goods well. It could be used as the Spacetrooper or for an army builder of standard Stormtroopers. It’s designed that well.

Includes head and middle leg for Astromech droid. This edition was for R5-A2.

I'd rate this an 8.0 out of 10.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

There's an image of Joe Johnston wearing the spacetrooper outfit from the Making of Star Wars book, so they based the figure off of him. Only one suit was made, so they shot him twice; if you buy two spacetrooper figures, both would technically be correct in having the head.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Good to know!!!!

Cool beans. We nagged Hasbro a couple times to get this figure made, nice to see they followed through.

So, the handle on the gun is removable and easily lost, or did I misunderstand?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, the handle on the gun is removable and easily lost, or did I misunderstand?
    Yeah... even if you're kinda just fiddling around with it, it can pop off and get lost. I haven't lost mine yet, but I am waiting for it to happen. Perhaps a dot of rubber cement might help?

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Yeah... even if you're kinda just fiddling around with it, it can pop off and get lost. I haven't lost mine yet, but I am waiting for it to happen. Perhaps a dot of rubber cement might help?
    Soft Rubbery plastic or hard and rigid plastic? Does make a small bit of difference, and a solution I've taken to some clips that fall out a little too easily in my Marauder Inc weapons.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Hmm, good to know. That's weird, I can't imagine why they'd do it as a separate piece, I'll need to see this in person. I highly doubt I'd glue it on there, I have a purist attitude about accessories for some reason.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I opened up mine last night, and heres my thoughts:

I really like how the pack attaches to the figure without having to cut a hole in it, and its a solid fit, not just barely hanging on there. Breather tube fits onto the pack and mask well, without it falling off too. The new head is well done. The eyes looks good and the paint isn't sloppily applied. I'm not for certain, but I think they fixed the goose neck appearance of the TAC release. I didn't armybuild the TAC version much because of that reason. With the helmet on, the spacetrooper doesn't appear to have that problem. So like said before, it would make a great stormtrooper army builder.

On the negative side, the blaster doesn't fit in the holster very well. As long as this mold has been out, you'd think they could fix this problem already. I also don't care much for the rubbery helmet. While not as bad as some, its not solid enough for me.(don't take that the wrong way.)

I highly recommend it:9.5

Picked this one up at last, and though it wasn't a big priority for me, I'm glad that I got it after all.

It's a fun toy that has very few flaws, aside from the crummy holster problem that Snowtrooper mentioned. Well, that and the fact that he can't really hold the smaller blaster anyway. Not that you'd use it if you could... because he has that b*tchin' hand cannon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd32_spacetrooper01.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	19853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd32_spacetrooper04.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	19854   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd32_spacetrooper05.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	19855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd32_spacetrooper06.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	19856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd32_spacetrooper07.jpg 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	19857  

I got this figure finally. I don't like how high the head holds the helmet off the shoulders, it looks tiny that high. And the large cannon is kinda weird, it's a T-21 but a shortened front that makes the whole thing snub. So it falls into my "ok" range.