Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final Crisis....DC Spoiler alert.....

Spoiler alert...
    Bruce Wayne lives!
    May the force be with you.

I already gave up. Sorry.

The six or twelve years (or whatever it really is--it's seemed like forever) of buildup for this pretty much killed DC in my eyes. Offing the Manhunter, possibly the worst-utilized character in comics history (he's a ****ing alien shapeshifter with mental powers who works as a detective in Gotham--how do you not make that concept work?) was the final straw.

I just wish Batman and none of his "family" ever got into cosmic battles of any sort. Or if he just worked in a strategic capacity. Batman is best when he's fighting the darkest side of human nature, not alien gods.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah. But he's trapped at the beginning of time with Anthro's corpse.

Also, big whoop. He was dead a whole issue.

Also what a shocker to explain how Wonder Woman was turned into Darkseid's little sextoy/slave/Fury leader during Final Crisis. Even though she should have been able to resist the Anti-Life Equation. It was done because Morrison claims he didn't "get" Wonder Woman. Whatever.

Gee, a massive shocker. This from the guy who said... "When ever I hear the name Beast, I think of Beauty and the Beast. Let's make him a cat!" and who brought us Xorneto. More Craptastic Morrison Garbage.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Offing the Manhunter, possibly the worst-utilized character in comics history (he's a ****ing alien shapeshifter with mental powers who works as a detective in Gotham--how do you not make that concept work?) was the final straw.
    Don't worry. He'll be back as a zombie Black Lantern.

And DC wonders why they lose when it comes to sales every month.

Grant Morrison is a genius... if an editor is there to keep him on a short leash. Give him too much leeway, and it is too readily obvious that he's also clinically insane.

I'm not speaking in hyperbole here. Read an interview with him. He really and truly is a man who should be locked away from society.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Grant Morrison is a genius... if an editor is there to keep him on a short leash. Give him too much leeway, and it is too readily obvious that he's also clinically insane.

I'm not speaking in hyperbole here. Read an interview with him. He really and truly is a man who should be locked away from society.
    Well, he's admitted most of his ideas are drugs inspired.

Another shocker.

The shocker for me was DC's use the of word "final." In comics, nothing is truly final, except perhaps "final issue" of a series. I haven't had the time to re-get into comics, minus the single issues that garner attention, or SW trade paperbacks.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well, I believe the "final" was refering to the Monitors, who no longer exist.
    May the force be with you.

My point was just that nothing in comicdom really ever seems to be "final," as there are numerous escaped-the-explosion, nursed-back-to-health, powerful-being-or-object-rescesitates, it-just-seemed-that-way, new-writer-takes-over storylines throughout the years.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Right, like they're really gonna kill Batman! Get serious! That character is a cash cow and a cornerstone of their universe. And they had to have learned from the Knightfall series that nobody wants a bogus second Batman... crap, it's DC, the company of Infinite Crisises, they don't learn jack squat!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.