Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is SSG dying?

Is SSG dying?

This was mentioned on a thread: "No wonder SSG is dying."

Do you think it is? I know it has been a bit quiet round here in the past month or so, but I hadn't noticed it being unusually quiet.

I know there's a lot less posters on the forum here than on other sites, but I just took it to be the norm for SSG. It's one reason I like to come here. I know most of the names and voices, and that's comforting. [80'S TV THEME]"Where everybody knows your name."[/80'S TV THEME]

I haven't considered that SSG might be "dying," but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.

it's not SSG, per se. it's just that many star wars fans are becoming disenfranchised - hence they stop posting. or they finish school and don't have time in the real world to still frequent SSG.

I took a little break but never really left. The Holiday rush and the ever-present-on-my-mind Election has left me spent in more ways than one.

I think SSG is evolving (isn't that what you are supposed to do or you do die?)

It's a good thing we can talk about other things here, or talk about nothing.

Most of the Star Wars focused sites have been fairly quiet as of late.

Other than the new Toon, there's not much to talk about.

Of course, Toy Fair will spark the activity levels for a while.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

There is a core of regulars who post here. It's sort of like a family, as opposed to a massive anonymous site with thousands of posters. I like the atmosphere here. It's like...."Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name.....and they're always glad you came."
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    iit's just that many star wars fans are becoming disenfranchised
    Before this rumor goes any further, no one is losing the right to vote.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

perhaps you would prefer disillusioned, or maybe the "magic" that sparked their imagination at a younger age has worn off.

Before this rumor goes any further, no one is losing the right to vote.
    Is there a poll going on?
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    There is a core of regulars who post here. It's sort of like a family, as opposed to a massive anonymous site with thousands of posters. I like the atmosphere here. It's like...."Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name.....and they're always glad you came."
    That's what I like about the site. It's just about the right size. RS or starwars.com have far too many posts to sort through. I've looked at other sites, and they often don't seem to have the activity that we have here. I also like that there is plenty of discussion on things other than Star Wars.

I'll vote: Seems pretty lively to me. For the stuff that I collect, SSG's still the best place to go for information, period, stop.

The "Cheers Factor" is an added bonus... many bright and funny fans here... I think the forum's great.

Most debates don't seem to degenerate into anything too mean-spirited.

Except when I post saucy pics of Vince from ShamWow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	999UDC_Vince_Offer_010.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	19379  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.