Page 108 of 151 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1505
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Ran 15 miles, went down to Milwaukee with a buddy where we went to an outdoor camping type place (REI).
    Twice as far as I ran today!

Ran the Lake Padden Relay (4x2.6 mile laps around the lake). I ran under 16:00, so a little under 6:10 per mile. Got quite a bit of running in. Did a lap of the lake when I got there, and then close to another 1.5 miles before I did my leg of the relay. Then I did a lap of the lake in reverse while our next two people ran their legs. Afterwards, did at least another 1.5 miles. I'm going to be kind of sore the next couple days I think.

Afterwards, went to lunch (see the lunch thread). Now I am going to take a shower and watch some Doctor Who. Got a couple episodes from last season that I still haven't watched, and the new season premieres tonight. After that I will be watching the classic Doctor Who that the Tacoma PBS station has been showing. They should be showing "The Three Doctors" tonight, so I am looking forward to seeing all three in the same episode, particularly since the first two were only in black & white. My girlfriend will be joining me tonight, so we will probably also watch the episode of Grimm that I DVR'd (I watched it already, but don't mind watching it again with her).

Laundry. Hairs cut. Forced labor in Mrs. TI7's class room. Dinner out.

[edit] Forced labor again today (Sunday) in Mrs. TI7's classroom. Yes, indeed, it's Labor Day week end.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Ran the Lake Padden Relay (4x2.6 mile laps around the lake). I ran under 16:00, so a little under 6:10 per mile. Got quite a bit of running in. Did a lap of the lake when I got there, and then close to another 1.5 miles before I did my leg of the relay. Then I did a lap of the lake in reverse while our next two people ran their legs. Afterwards, did at least another 1.5 miles. I'm going to be kind of sore the next couple days I think.
    Nice work MSP!

I had the first cross country meet of the season for the college where I coach. Other then that I read, relaxed and did some laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Forced labor in Mrs. TI7's class room.
    Hey, way to bury the lead there, TI. What's that mean, actually?

I did my recycling (only $4 this time), found a couple SW toys in a store and paid for them, did my heavy grading (meaning, the boxes of notebooks that weigh enough to need a pullcart to carry) and lesson planning, watched far too much college football (but hey, it's week one of the season) and some DVR'd shows.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Hey, way to bury the lead there, TI. What's that mean, actually?
    It's called being married, sir. And caring about your 5'1" wife who can't reach things very well.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I fought the Civil War in a re-enactment in Huntington Beach and captured 2 Rebels even when my musket jammed and I couldn't fire. (They ran out of ammo and didn't know my gun wouldn't shoot - I'm about to clean it out good today!)

Then I went to the BBQ and country dance, meeting up with my Confederate girlfriend.

Later I went to the movies and saw Lawless. Good picture.

I had to return to San Diego to fight on my tall ship when she sailed at the old boat festival in our harbor. I was assigned to HMS Surprise (Russel Crowe's ship in Master and Commander).

Today I'm exhausted but still trying to get re-settled at home.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    It's called being married, sir. And caring about your 5'1" wife who can't reach things very well.
    I thought she was making you learn fractions or build a CA mission.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ran a 15K race this morning. I was hoping to at least beat the 67:26 I ran in this race in 2010, but figured I should be able to run 65:00, and if things went well, then maybe 62:00. I kept telling myself that I was going to run conservative, but I got caught up in the pace, and was running 6:25 mile pace through 3 miles. I kept expecting to hit the wall hard, but other than the two hills in the second half of the race, I maintained a pretty good pace. I ended up running 61:42, so I was quite happy with that. The only downer was that I thought it would be good enough for a top 3 finish in my age group. Last year it would have place 3rd, and it would have been good for 2nd in 2010. This year it was only good for 6th.

Nice work MSP!!! Don't feel too bad about not getting an age group award. This May I did a half marathon that I did last year, my time was nearly 4 minutes faster (1:26:02), I improved from 16th to 11th overall but my age group placing went from 3rd to 6th!

As for myself today I got up before the crack of dawn for a cross country race (I coach at a small local college), came home, went for a bike ride, got some supper, did some laundry and now here I am.