Page 133 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1434
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Went to the grocery store and was met by a massive throng as if it were the day before Thanksgiving or the first of the month.
    Had to do do a double take there. Thought you said you were met by a massive thong.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Had to do do a double take there. Thought you said you were met by a massive thong.
    That probably would have been the case had I gone to Wal Mart....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Relaxing, is the euphemism I'd use. Went past my "baseline" recycling amount (it's the lowest amount I've collected in the previous 9 years), with more than half the school year left to go. Some errands out and about (maps, snacks, books). Home where some power sucked me into staring at a screen of moving images for most of the day, including a hilarious new Bill Cosby stand-up special, and a few football matches. I graded exactly ONE student assignment; hey, there's another week left! Packing and device charging, route planning and weather checking. In bed somewhat early.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Got my indoor bike ride on, lifted a few weights, hit the library, interwebs, food, nap. That was pretty much my Saturday.

On the last day of Movember/No-Shave November, I got some things done, and much relaxing before returning to school on Monday. Almost done with the gotta-get-done grading, most of next week's lessons. My uncle was in town for a short visit. Watched the amazing OSU/Michigan football game on teevee, plus the end of the Iron Bowl shocker, and channel flipping of other games. Went to a local fund raiser event at a famous woodworker's museum, then out for Handel's ice cream, and take-the-visitor-around-town driving. Ate tasty turkey leftovers as dinner. Saw neighbors put up their Christmas lights; not yet for me. Will be shaving the week's-worth growth over my lip very soon.

10 mile run on the roads, laundry, food, napping and the interwebs took up most of the rest of the time.

Awoke too early, then got about another hour's sleep. Amid light rain, dropped off recycling, for the only time I wasn't at home. Put up the outdoor Christmas lights when it was drier (but still cold and breezy). Graded in between (and I still haven't finished it all ), plus allotted time for the Ohio State football game. Will need to get to all that other grading tomorrow (and WHEN will I get to any holiday shopping? ). Did a load of clothes, and some simple around-the-house cleaning. Too many sad emoticons today.

Ran a 5K race this morning in below freezing weather. At least it was sunny and not too windy. I ran faster than last year, but slower than two years ago. Considering the weather and how I have felt the last couple weeks, I was not too disappointed. Especially since I won my age group.

Later, my girlfriend and I went to see a display of gingerbread houses. In the evening, washed dishes and didn't do much while half watching football.

Yesterday I had a great time at our Christmas party for the 69th Pennsylvania Infantry re-enactors! It felt like a great belated birthday party for me too, as I did nothing for my own day but free a lot of my time to work on my novel - which I really wanted to do. But Saturday we had turkey, drinks, party games, (the best stuffing and cornbread pudding!) looked at new guns and saw old friends. A perfect day!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.