Page 136 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1493
    After a poor night's sleep, awakened for the "standard" activities (sprinklers, crossword, recycling, laundry). At the recycling place, I wondered if they were having issues, as a second person was there, checking EVERY SINGLE BARREL of items (first time I have ever seen the place discount for extra moisture... 10% ), which slowed down the process (and when two of the three people ahead of me had $20+ worth, that's sloooooooow ). Home to finish the need-to grading. Read some, online stuff some. Went to use a coupon at an outlet mall, but ended up getting better deals without it (a watch at about 20% of its original, shoes and laces for about 40% off). Out to dinner to use a gift card (that wasn't accepted last time) at Outback; I am normally just a steak sauce on steak kind of guy, but the parmesan crusted topping was awesome (bonzer?). Home to more reading.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ran on the dreadmill, lifted a few weights then ran in the poool, food, interwebs and napping took up most of the rest of the day.

Did an hour of leg and back exercises, followed by an hour of kenpo x, followed by a trip to visit my mother and do some grocery shopping, followed by some time working on my storage unit, followed by forty three minutes of cardio x, and culminated with a walk over to and then back from Dodger Stadium to watch the Kings lose to the Ducks in the first outdoor NHL hockey game in Los Angeles. Kiss played two sets and there were the usual bevy of tightly clad ladies that visit Dodger stadium. Now for some comic book reading before bed time

Hey, at the end of my Saturday Maradona, I watched fans like you watch the Kings/Ducks outdoor game; but my view was on a TV screen. I realized the main difference between indoor and outdoor games isn't the weather so much as NO AT-THE-GLASS FANS. That is as much a part of hockey. If there is a hat trick; sign any fans up who can chuck their cap on the ice from their seats! But seeing the green grass and beach volleyball court was odd.

Prior to that, I attended a celebration of a 100th anniversary of a train depot that a local group is trying to renovate and restore. I stand in the back, if there's not enough seating space, so that my view would be the same; why did Family X have to keep moving around, directly in front of me? Dropped off recycling (this is that time of the school year where I don't get as much, even with the recent warm spell, since students aren't re-hydrating themselves as much) for just over $4. Home to grade (left some materials in my classroom, so some planning will have to wait until I get them). Got sucked into DVR'd shows and other regular programming, little bit of reading in there, too. Dinner as take-out. In the night, heard weird noises (sounded electronic) in the house; ergo, poor sleep. Eh, what're you gonna do?

Recent "rain" yesterday meant lawn sprinklers weren't necessary. Tried a different angle this time: grade earlier in the day, then head out (for things like recycling, where apparently the worker's lunch was later, so we waited about 15 minutes or so for his return; and fruitless shopping [well, I did buy bananas at the grocery store, so it wasn't completely that way ]). Home for lethargy, mainly involving screens, but a little reading, too.

Post office. Mended fences (the wooden kind between neighbors thanks to a recent wind storm). Repaired sprinklers. Paid bills. Cursed our broken heater (It's like upper 50s in the house, now). Gathered tax info in order actually work on them next week end. Laundry. Walked the dogs. BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner. Social media-ed. Watched BBT with Mrs. TI7 (Sheldon meets Darth Vader). Tried to find other things worthy of viewing (failed). Went to bed.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Post office. Mended fences (the wooden kind between neighbors thanks to a recent wind storm). Repaired sprinklers. Paid bills. Cursed our broken heater (It's like upper 50s in the house, now). Gathered tax info in order actually work on them next week end. Laundry. Walked the dogs. BBQ'd hamburgers for dinner. Social media-ed. Watched BBT with Mrs. TI7 (Sheldon meets Darth Vader). Tried to find other things worthy of viewing (failed). Went to bed.
    This just in: $460 to fix the heater today.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    This just in: $460 to fix the heater today.
    Noticed a crack in the skylight a little bit back; no problem when there's no rain. Now that it's getting somewhat wetter, have to check it more frequently. That could get pricey, too.

Worked out a bit in the morning, rested and relaxed. In the evening I was in a 10k snowshoe race that was on ski trails that had lights. It was two laps, the first lap didn't go very well but I had a much stronger second lap where I went from 6th to 2nd.

Same and different: couldn't sleep, so typed up department meeting minutes and surfed digitally. Recent "rain" once again meant sprinklers weren't needed. Three loads of laundry. Pretty good recycling (almost $9, but this time I didn't wait for the guy to return from his lunch break) haul after stopping at the school to drop off graded work and do some work in the classroom. Drove past a comic store's grand opening event (too many people there). Kept on grading and lesson planning, watched some Olympics coverage or listened to radio. Finished reading a book. All in all, a good day.