Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1473
    The high school I coach at had their/our first track meet of the season. After that I hit Planet Fitness for a quick spin on a bike to loosen up my legs from Friday's 20 mile run. After that I went out to eat with my family for my sisters birthday, when I got home I watched the last 30 seconds of the Badgers basketball game, I read, I interwebed then I went to bed.

A former co-worker at the school had stopped by this week and gave me four bags of plastic bottles, so crushing them to fit into my trunk with the other recyclables took a little time. Picked up a book (started reading it in the evening, though). Graded the had-to-do work throughout the day. Headed for Costco food and stuff; had lunch there, too. Dug a hole to plant some, well, plants, in the front yard (I think that shovel's on its last days). Watched U of A get most of the bad calls vs. U of W in the NCAA tourney, then get stung themselves on an either-way pushoff call; only to get ANOTHER call go their way on an out-of-bounds touch, but still lost. Planned this coming week's lessons (minus a class that I'm not sure how far they got on their essay; so that one's just Monday's plan right now).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Ran a 5K road race in the morning. Not a lot of competition, so I was able to get 3rd overall (2nd male, 1st in the 40-44 age group) with a time of 20:01. The 15K and 30K races at this event usually have a bit stronger fields. I was hoping to break 20:00, but wasn't sure if I could. I had been dealing with some aches and pains, and am not in top shape yet. Also, it was pretty windy. The wind was not too bad while running into it for the first 1K+, and it was quite helpful when it was at my back from there up to about 3.5K. The last 1.5K was into a pretty strong headwind for most of it, and also had a short steep hill near the end. So, I was happy with the time given the conditions and how I felt.

Later, my girlfriend and I went to lunch at Old Country Buffet, and then watched Frozen.

Like MSP I also ran a race except mine was a half marathon. I planned to go out a bit faster then marathon pace 7:00 but a 6:35 first mile felt good so I kept going hard but not where I was straining. I ended up 8th over all in 1:27:02 (like MSP's race it wasn't that large or competitive). It was a good rust buster and I'm feeling really confident for the marathon I'm doing in 5 weeks.

After that I hit up Qdoba's, then went to a local fundraiser/Brewers party/get together, give it my all in Wisconsin trivia but wasn't good enough to advance to the finals. Then watched the Badger/Arizona game with some friends.

I was on vacation in Boston! I ran about 7.5 miles in East Boston (the hotel was near the airport). After that I did some sightseeing: USS Constitution, Breed's Hill, Old North Church etc. Then we went to the Brewer/Red Sox game (Fenway was AWESOME!), we left after the top of the 9th to watch the end of the Badger/Kentucky game....I wish Wisconsin would've won and Milwaukee would've lost. After that...not much, went back to the hotel more or less right away because we had an early flight back to Chicago...and a 3 hour drive home from there.

Had a productive day: dropped off recycling (over $10), did some banking, bought a few books (B&N educator week discount), stopped by a local Earth Day event (not as good as the previous week's event elsewhere), went to Costco, home to finish my grading.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Spent mine working OT. And Sunday as well.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Spent mine working OT. And Sunday as well.
    For me OT = !!

The glass is half full DQ! Not half empty!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Today is Day 9 out of hopefully 12 at this point so I can rack up the OT!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!