Page 23 of 151 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Well, so far I've worked an officer involved shooting from about three-thirty this morning until now (I've just arrived at home). I think I'll just veg the rest of the day

Officers OK, bad guy no longer with us.......
    How "bad" is Bad? Glad to hear the officer is okay.

I worked at Wal-Mart from 6 am until 3 pm, drove home, picked up my wife, and we went to her neices 21st birthday party for an hour. Her nieces grandfather is a retired Oakbrook Terrace police officer. I think I remember him being at a domestic dispute I was having with my son's mother(wonderful woman that she is) about 20 years ago. Then I drove my wife to work. ate KFC, and came home to sit here and type this.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

This Saturday was pretty much the standard. Slept in a little, took the daughter to lunch, met David Prowse, went for a walk with my wife...

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    How "bad" is Bad?
    I would define "bad" as when a person tries to kill family members and responding officers with a knife.

"Bad" is also when a situation goes sideways within milliseconds.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My summer reading season is officially open (Sci-fi season! Biography season! Sci-fi season! ... ), as I started and finished a CW novel. Tried to buy some Pittsburgh Stanley up gear or a digital converter box, but failed after weak half-hearted attempts at both. Filed some SW and comic book stuff.
    "That's what Sheev said."

[FONT=Courier New]Bought two more AOTC Republic Gunships (loose, but excellent condition). I am very excited about this because I missed out on the original release and I have had to play catch up with these since I started collecting again back in 2005. I am now up to 4 for this version, 8 total (2 ROTS, 1 old CW, and 1 new CW). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If I buy anymore, they will be all new releases.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Then my wife and I had some good friends over for burgers and hot dogs at dinner time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It was a good Saturday as always.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I got Comcast Digital Voice installed for my phone service. This is the first time I've had caller ID, and I can check messages online. Soon, they'll be adding the feature so that I can have the caller ID show up on my TV.

Got home from work around 7:30AM, went to bed about an hour later; slept until 3:00PM, threw chicken on the grill for dinner, cleaned the kitchen, walked the pack (doxies times three), and now TV until I get sleepy enough to go back to bed and convert to the day existence for the weekend.

(Mrs. TI7 is making chocolate chip cookies right now and I think it's time for a raid! )
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Dropped off some hazardous waste (light bulbs, batteries, computer stuff, etc.), deposited checks at the bank and got the newest presidential dollar coin, picked up 5 books to read from the library, did some work with tickets (bought some for the movies today and an event next week, plus picked up some for someone else's event tonight), received my Penguins '09 Stanley Cup cap in the mail, got Chinese takeout for dinner, did some reading.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Stayed inside where it was cool most of the day. It's just too hot to do stuff outdoors.

Barely beat another Last Crusade level (the motorcycle chase - I cannot drive vehicles for ****) on my LEGO Indiana Jones game.

Picked up some small limbs and branches from the yard, casualties of last night's storms.

Went and got a pizza and breadsticks from Papa Johns and stopped by the WM next door.

Watched a couple of movies over the course of the day.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Went to the local Target, went to the local K-Mart for the Pixar Cars release event, stopped by the local Marshall's and found the G.I. Joe Mass Device set #5, had lunch at Souplantation, got an HD antenna from Target, arrived home to find a box from HTS with the Legacy AOTC wave.