Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    A windigo took a slice out of him.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Haha seriously it's OK it just hurt like mad for a while and was REALLY gross to see/feel but it'll be fine so long as I don't bend my leg too fast for several days- as to what it was, it very well might have been a Wendigo, but I was within 6 feet of 3 people none of whom saw it- we're speculating the 200 pound cast-iron bowl full of fire might have snagged me somehows but nobody can be certain- I only stood up and twisted to my left and it was all over- even the doctor who stitched me up (who was a really funny guy actually) came in and mentioned he'd heard I had a laceration on my knee- when he took off the temp wrapping he was incredulous and asked "WOW man how hard did you hit the ground anyways- what were you doing even??" and all's I could tell him was that I stood up and it was the end of the line...
    Iso&Baws&topes
    here is the first piece of proper (shaky) footage of the actual fun we had
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

We're going to have to encase you in bubble wrap and Kevlar before you go on your next outing! :shakeshead:

Glad you're mending and doing well..........considering.

Iso&Baws&topes&stitches
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

We had to postpone our 4th of July fireworks, but on Sunday my cousins and I did our 4th of July 5th of July Michael Jackson Fireworks Spectacular!

It was awesome, complete with a 30 second Thriller dance sequence by the 6 of us during the show!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I finally got around to beating Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess today and, in about an hour, I'm heading over to a friend's house to watch UFC 100.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It rained most of the morning so I bagged comics, rescanned a few covers, and updated my inventory in Excel. I played LEGO Indiana Jones off and on, replaying levels to get all the artifacts now that I've nearly beaten the game.

Got a pizza for supper and will probably watch a movie tonight.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I worked another homicide late into this morning. Thanks to the gangbangers, I missed my opportunity to pick up the Hallmark ornaments I wanted (bye bye, Greedo). Slept for a couple of hours and now getting ready to grill burgers 'n' dogs on the BBQ. :tasty:

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Thanks to the gangbangers, I missed my opportunity to pick up the Hallmark ornaments I wanted (bye bye, Greedo).
    In CA statutory law, that entitles you to punitive damages. I believe Rodia v. Chalman set the precedent.

I attended another weekend meeting for the local writing project group out in Riverside (where the "river" has been dried up for years, except in very heavy rains). Chowed down on some awesome chocolate chip and caramel brownie-type desserts. And did some notes or listening or deciding policy stuff. Lucked out and found a Greedo Hallmark ornament (if I find another one, TI, I'll try to send it .5 past lightspeed to ya), went out to The Cheesecake Factory (for fish 'n chips ), came home and vegged out watching lame-o TV.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    In CA statutory law, that entitles you to punitive damages. I believe Rodia v. Chalman set the precedent.

Lucked out and found a Greedo Hallmark ornament (if I find another one, TI, I'll try to send it .5 past lightspeed to ya)...
    Bless you, sir! That would be most appreciated! As to the former, the desanguination of a particular vegetable would be more likely rather than collecting damages!

Played a gig across town last night.
    Made sure I got to the other side of town a little early to check the Target and TRU for anything new.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"