Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    I painted primer on the walls behind two cabinets I took down earlier this week. I was lazy and didn't paint behind the cabinets when I painted the walls a few years ago. Now that I'm moving cabinets around I have to paint behind them.

Went to the home improvement store and picked up a quart of paint. Naturally, they've changed all the paint color names since the last time I bought a gallon so I had to match color as closely as I could.

Visited my newborn niece in the hospital and gave her a present - Clone Wars animated R2 and C-3PO figures. She won't be able to play with them for a few years, but what the heck.

Went shopping and found and bought the Whorm Loathsom Clone Wars wave in its entirety.

Picked up a pizza and breasticks for supper and came home. Put two coats of paint over the primer I put on in the morning and found that the new color matched the rest of wall pretty closely by the time it dried.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Okay...

awakened, to eat breakfast (cereal for the first time in I don't remember when), and shower

graded notebooks and papers (yay )

attended a 1-year old's birthday party (where this time, I did NOT destroy the pinata) and talked with friends

graded more stuff (double yay )

watched TV (nothing special)

ate pizza from a local place I hadn't ordered from in ages (still awesome, so what if it costs more?)

went to bed, and here's the key part, apparently fell asleep fairly SOON AFTER GETTING INTO BED (that is a rarity for me)

Just like 'Cube, I had to say it was a good day, sans my A-K.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Today is my wedding anniversay. We celebrated yesterday after work with a dinner cruise in the San Diego Harbor. Very nice evening. Kids are at the in-laws so we are going to see a movie this morning and have lunch at Olive Garden before picking them up.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    TI, you forgot, "attempting to get Frett in trouble with his wife, by photoshopping his head onto another mans body with two blonde pieces of arm candy"
    Darth Jax gave me a dollar to do that!

I'm sure Robin has a sense of humor. If not, she can slap some hair off of my head when we finally meet!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Did nothing Saturday...and paid dearly for my lack of vision....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Bank transactions, recycling returned (earned $30+ so far after only 4 weeks of school; a good sign), drafting players for my fantasy football league, watching various college football games, getting a we-won't-tow-your-car-THIS-TIME sticker on my car while visiting a friend to watch said games.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Played a gig at a private Labor Day weekend party. Ran into a friend I used to hang out with in my youth I hadn't seen in 20 or so years. Funny we both lived in a small town over 200 miles away, and just happen to know the same people throwing the party.

He lives in Denver now and wants our band to play at his upcoming wedding, and put us up for a few days in Denver.
    That should be fun.

We were reminiscing about how when he had to be a Best Man at a wedding in South Carolina, he took me along for company on the long drive out there and back from New Mexico.

When something like that happens you get that stupid song from Disneyland stuck in your head. "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all."
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Built a LEGO set in the morning (Clone Wars Pirate Tank), opened a bunch of figures up (16 Clone Wars, 2 TLC, and 3 GI Joe) and put them on display, and then later watched a movie and started another LEGO set (Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker) which I finished this morning. In other words, I did absolutely nothing. Figured I'd be busier today and tomorrow with family get-togethers so I lazed about Saturday.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Like Ji'dai I had a cruise control Saturday:

Did laundry, BBQed dinner, but mostly read Don Felder's book Heaven and Hell, My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!