Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
    I love this time of year. Got up and watched a few games (Syracuse/Minnesota OT was pretty cool) and then headed out to tailgate for about 5 hours before my Golden Bears rolled those Maryland Terps back into their shells. This is the best time of the year!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I rocked at the Nickelback concert and saw Hinder, Papa Roach, and Saving Abel with them. It was such an awesome show!

I danced with the hottest girl there. She went to the concert with her mom (she was at least 21 - she had a wristband so she could drink beer and a college ID) and in an amazing feat of strategic skill, I got her mom out of there by giving her a pass up to the front rows and danced with her daughter while my own date was in the line for the ladies' room!

So smoothe if I do say so myself!

My newest friend and I are going to rock the AC/DC concert tonight and I also picked up really great seats up front for Def Leppard / Poison's show on Wednesday night!

All the right moves, baby! (and there's lots more to this story, too!)

I'll post pictures in the Nickelback thread in the music section in a little while as I just woke up and have to download my camera.

I slept a little, was on the compyter a lot, played some scratch lottery tickts, mailed some bills, cashed a check for my son, the money he used to get a lap top, washed ddishes at lunchtime from the previous night, washed dishes again last night after my wife cooked.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm confused on the day . . . I don't have school Fridays, so this is a four-day weekend. My dad and I were going to go hiking, but the first path was closed and it was simply way too hot to go for too long. Later I watched Touch of Evil with my parents, which was not that great. Today I spent around $175 on Star Wars stuff, which is always fun/nuts. I was supposed to look after a friend's dogs, but her brother was there, so I let him deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    drafting players for my fantasy football league, watching various college football games
    I missed the first half or more of my draft. It was supposed to be last Saturday, but it got pushed back to this Saturday. I didn't think I'd be able to do it because I thought it was at 7:45 AM and I would be in the process of getting ready to go to a race. However, I realized I had time to at least start it, so just after 7:30 I logged in, only to find it in progress. Apparently it started at 7:00 AM. At least I had put Larry Fitzgerald at the top of my draft order beforehand, so I did get him.

After that was done, I headed out to do the Lake Padden Relay. It's four times around Lake Padden, about 2.6 miles a lap. Last year, my brother and I did it as just a two person team alternating legs, and I did something like 17:25 and 17:55 for my two legs. Last week, I ran a lap there in 17:58, so I figured with a warmup and some competition I might run faster than last year. I did the first leg, so there was plenty of people to run with. I was out pretty fast for the shape I'm in, hitting the first mile in 6:06. At that point, I was happy because I figured all I had to do was run 7 minute mile pace the rest of the way to break 17:00. I did the second mile in 6:56 and finished in about 16:54. A far cry from the low 14 minute times I ran in college, but not bad for my limited training. However, with about a quarter mile to go, something got tweaked in my right calf. It feels better today, but not sure how well I can run. I plan on meeting my brother and some of his cross country team for a run tomorrow morning, so hopefully it doesn't feel too bad then.

The rest of the day I didn't do much but spend some time on the computer, watch a bit of my Young Indiana Jones DVDs, and watch the Huskies lose to LSU.

I set out about six stepping stones, finishing a path from our back door to our fenced in back yard. Set out some bedding plants I'd started in pots a couple months back. Took my daughter on a "nature walk" in the back yard: found a flying squirrel in one of our bluebird houses (he was sleepy, bewildered, and blinded by the daylight, so we got to see him real close), and found a box turtle near the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    I set out about six stepping stones
    If the stones could talk, would they say, "I'm not your stepping stone"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil
    found a flying squirrel in one of our bluebird houses
    Did you find a moose as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Did you find a moose as well?
    Moose R scarce in these parts.

I just got home from AC/DC tonight. They put on a great show!

I had off on Saturday for the first time in about 6 weeks. I was lazy, read, watched tv, it was awesome!