Page 44 of 139 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Worked. Bought dog food. Came home. Watched "The Andy Griffith Show" on TV Land with the family. Read to my daughter. Surfed the interwebs. Read more on "Sullivan's Hollow," a small book on local history. In bed by 9.

Arranged time for an interview a WWII veteran (and it took quite a bit of work) for the 416th Bomb Group archives. The gentleman is a former member of the 416th (he was a ventral gunner in an A-20 Havoc light bomber) and was a POW.

I'm looking forward to meeting this hero and his family this Saturday!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Spent more time on the freeways than all this week combined (rain meant that surface streets were safer from nutso drivers and Mother Nature), going to an out-of-town meeting. Used my Red Robin coupons as I met up with a friend who was at the Nat'l Championship game; we traded Rose Bowl victory stories. Enjoyed a day without rain for a change.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Arranged time for an interview a WWII veteran (and it took quite a bit of work) for the 416th Bomb Group archives. The gentleman is a former member of the 416th (he was a ventral gunner in an A-20 Havoc light bomber) and was a POW.

I'm looking forward to meeting this hero and his family this Saturday!
    Drat! Delayed! One of his daughters is his primary caretaker, and she broke her wrist in a fall this week. She wasn't up to hosting the event, so we had to cancel. We're on hold for now.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My Saturday sucked. I had duty and had to spend the day on the ship. Sunday, however, more than made up for it. I went to the Yasukuni Jinja (jinja=shrine and it's pronounced just like ninja...but with a J!) for the Japanese war dead. Pretty surreal place. It was weird walking through the gallery and getting to the Pearl Harbor part and then the Hiroshima part. There was almost a sense of "whoops. My bad" on each respective side. They also had a gallery for the kamikaze and it was lined with literally thousands of pictures of those that volunteered. I've been wanting to go for some time now but I finally found a Japanese tour guide (i.e. a Japanese girl. And yes it's THAT one Mabs) that can think for herself and likes history.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Is she a kunoichi? They're awesome, always wailing on guitars and killing for no reason.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Spent 12 hours working Saturday in preparation for a possible deployment to Haiti. Luckily I only spent 9 hours today, and don't have to be in to work until 09:00 hrs tomorrow.
    May the force be with you.

Part of the time, I wished I could go to Haiti in your place, SK. It's a good cause.

Of course I wouldn't know what I was doing there with out preparation and training, but I can learn fast and anybody could be of help.

If you were deployed there, you could be very proud of that sort of service.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I woke up 'early' (for a non working Saturday) and did a local 15k race. With the windchill it was about 4. I ran the first mile much faster then I planned and since I felt good I kept the pedal down and kept hammering. I didn't stick around to see how I did so I'm waiting to check out the online results. I'm guessing around 20th overall and top 5 in my age group.

Once the downpour of rain stopped (temporarily), I...
    - watched the recorded CW cartoon
    - brought in recyclables (earned $6.72)
    - got some gift cards for out-of-state relatives
    - found the last Droid Part I needed for YVH-1 (but alas, it was another Plo K.)
    - graded and recorded some student work
    - put away washed clothes (from a couple days ago)
    - got dinner from a local restaurant (fish meal and veggie beef soup)
    - cleaned up some files/pics on the computer
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."