Page 74 of 151 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
    HanSool? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time. Seriously, almost as long as it's been since Dean Cain wasn't a joke.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow. We indeed have a sighting! Long time...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

My friend Doug visited San Diego from Seattle where he's moved with his wife and taken a good job.

We've been friends through our Star Wars interests for over 15 years!

He showed me Beggars' Canyon Toys his new custom vintage re-carding Star Wars business.

This is so cool and they do custom work, including "vintage carding" the vintage Blue Snaggletooth figure, which I found to be one of the coolest oddities BCT makes.

I saw a video that demonstrates the process and a Vinyl Caped Jawa that Doug just picked up for a bargain.

We took a walk down memory lane and recollected seeing the special editions in the theater together, searching for Star Wars at the Creation Star Trek Conventions and past San Diego Comic Cons, all that stuff.

It prompted me to write my friend Julie (Slicker and BobaFrett - you've both met her - at the bar when we went to Chevy's Fresh-Mex Restaurant) and think of the good friends I still keep, but who had to move away. [Julie lives near St. Louis now.]

But besides being nostalgic, it was a great day. I covered nearly 60 pages of my re-write between yesterday and Friday in some kind of marathon editiing session I just suddenly embarked on. With less than 50 pages left to go with my novel's re-write, I could be done this weekend (depends if I get enough sleep to be productive later today).

So all in all, the weekend's been simple, but nevertheless, going really well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Worked a couple of hours, ran 4 miles and then went to a long long time friends wedding. I drove home (about 20 min) in a snowstorm which wasn't the best idea on my part. I'm supposed to be working now but I'm stuck at home until a plow comes down my street.

Was (because I had no choice) quite productive. Went to the school for their "Cocoa & Cram" tutoring session before final exams this week (only helped three students, since English is a you-know-it-or-you-don't subject more than math, science, or history). Dropped off just a few recyclables. Got some candies and gift card at Costco (do NOT attempt to get gas there on the weekend... without a good book to read while in line) but passed on gas (hee-hee, see above for reason). Graded 3/5 of what I needed to (the remainder must be done by tomorrow morning). Watched very little TV. Went to eat at a local restaurant, the server was a former student of mine (tipped more than normal to be nice ). Saw some Christmas light decorations around town. Graded more, went to
    "That's what Sheev said."

Slept in until 8:00, which for me is unheard of (but I attribute that to seeing Tron at midnight the night before that finally caught up to me), and proceeded to be less productive until about noon. Did a little grading (still have two classes of finals to finish, but at least now I've started all classes). Went to church, then to the "fake Sizzler" called Sizzling Steaks (which was surprisingly good food, service, and atmosphere) for dinner. The rain throughout the day kept me from shopping for gifts, so now I have until next week ends to git er done.
    "That's what Sheev said."

We scored an AT AT at Sams Club for my son's XMas present....$49.00, last one on the shelf!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Worked a couple of hours, ran 4 miles and then went to a long long time friends wedding. I drove home (about 20 min) in a snowstorm which wasn't the best idea on my part. I'm supposed to be working now but I'm stuck at home until a plow comes down my street.
    Do you find jogging in this weather to be a burden? I mean if it's not the ice, the snow, the wind chill, it's the possibility of skidding drivers plowing into you that keeps me at least from jogging (although I have a stair master that I use). Good for you.

Anyway, spent my Saturday in Amish country about 30 miles from my house. There is a country store that has homemade pies, soups, cheeses, and other goodies that is really a step back in time. It's an annual Holiday tradition dating back only 5 years or so, but we look forward to it every year. And just down the road from the Amish store is a Christmas super store that we make sure to visit as well.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Do you find jogging in this weather to be a burden? I mean if it's not the ice, the snow, the wind chill, it's the possibility of skidding drivers plowing into you that keeps me at least from jogging (although I have a stair master that I use). Good for you.
    Last month I joined my local Planet Fitness which for me is $10/month and I use the treadmill. I'm quite busy now with work and the temps in my neck of the woods has been rather cold so as of late I've been doing my running indoors. My rule of thumb for cold weather running is if it is above 0 with the wind chill then I'll go out there (although if its above 0 but 20+ mph winds I'll pass).

Ice? Yeah it can suck, you've got to be careful with your footing, as a general rule I tend to 'take it easy' and not run all out. Think base building not interval training.

Snow? No real big deal there, although going through it on un shoveled sidewalks can suck.

Wind chill? A good tip is as much as possible pick a route so the wind will be in your face for the first half of your run and at your back the second half. That makes a HUGE difference.

Skidding cars? Nope, not really a concern. I stay on sidewalks. If its that slippery I won't run outside.

The other thing that can be tough with winter running is the sun sets early this time of year. I bought a vest that is a rather 'loud' green that has reflective material to help the world see me.