Page 83 of 151 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
    Did a 5K race (perhaps a little short, and definitely fast as it is a point to point course with much of the first half of the race being downhill. Ran 18:50, which was 46 seconds faster than last year. Tonight I went to a Bellingham Bulldogs football game for the second week in a row. Last week's game was kind of close, but we were shut out this week. Now I am off to watch some Doctor Who that I recorded. Been a pretty busy week for going out and doing things, at least by my standards.

Got virtually nothing done school-wise (a little grading, half my lessons planned). Did the fast food breakfast thing I hadn't tried in ages. Stopped at a yard sale (remembered that yesterday was the "official" yard sale day in that city, where homeowners can have sales without requiring a city permit... 'cause without 'em, there'd be a HUGE amount of them EVERY weekend, I know). Did some shopping and errands, lunch out went to church, out to a filling dinner (notice a trend :reolleyes: ), and zoned out on the couch in front of Box O' Nothin' Good.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ran a half marathon 1:29:58 which was good for 16th overall and 3rd in my age group. Went to one of the greatest places in the whole wide world (Door County Bakery), went by some friends for their kids bday party and then went to work.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Ran a half marathon 1:29:58 which was good for 16th overall and 3rd in my age group.
    Good, under 7 minute pace. In college, I did just under 1:16, and was disappointed the next year when I died at half-way and "only" did 1:22. I'd be happy to run your time now. I might be able to get there if I can get back to training consistently and stay injury free.

Aside from the healthy exercise lifestyle posting of others here, there's few better ways to start a day, let alone a Saturday, than with biscuits and country gravy (oh, and eggs and OJ, too). Got all my "got to" grading done (this coming week is the last one before three days of finals the week after), but still have yet to plan out the week. Set out canned and bagged food for the USPS "Stamp Out Hunger" program, and did a little banking. Went to an outdoor showing of Merchant of Venice with some colleagues from work (nice pot luck spread before it), which meant a nice 30-mile freeway drive home at 11 PM. But once back home, I fell asleep pretty fa-

I woke up yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon, having stayed up late with friends who were leaving Denver for the summer the night before. I then accomplished very little before going with my roommate to a party at some fellow film students' house (one of whom is also a Star Wars fan; he had some 2010 carded Vintage figures on display in his room, among other SW things). Drinking with my current co-worker/future boss from the newspaper was pretty hilarious; watching one of my good friends (his girlfriend) drink to the point of crying and throwing up was somewhere between hilarious and sad (well, today it's mostly hilarious since she's completely okay ). I then went with my roommate to a new bar that features old-school arcade games; it leaned more toward the bar side and I was kind of hoping it'd be more of an arcade, but it was still all right.

It was all kind of a celebration of finishing the semester, though I start my Maymester class tomorrow so I couldn't go too crazy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Had dinner with Charles Napier...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Napier_%28actor%29

Well, sort of. He was a couple of tables away from us. He lives close by and I see him out and about frequently.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Tried to sleep in (made it to 6am, so I guess that's "late" for me). Went up to the school for their Cola & Cram group study session in the cafeteria (not one student stopped by the English table; not many usually do, but NONE is a new low), dropped off recycling (which put me over the $200 mark for the year and over $1200 over a seven-year stretch), did some banking. Read a decent book and finished a bad one, watched a little TV (including a bike race on the Versus channel, up a mountain, based near us; and some horse race :noTripleCrownagain: ), did some simple grocery shopping, helped put up a garden arch in the backyard. After all the busy stuff for school, this was a nice relaxing change.

Spent the morning helping Mrs. TeeEye7 deconstruct her classroom as required at the end of the year (last day of school is June 2). Just got back from dinner this evening celebrating our son's birthday. Busy, busy, busy!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!