Page 84 of 139 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
    Did some banking and watch repair (as in, I watched the guy repair my wrist watches) before heading out to volunteer at the libary's annual Star Wars Day event; I was the helper for the mural artist (C-3PO in chalk, and I got to add the words for the title), a line divider mover, and costume contest judge/character namer (for the person on the microphone, who wasn't always sure which char name was which, and even I couldn't tell who some were supposed to be as they mixed outfits and had home-made versions). Came home and vegged.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I spent the first few hours cutting up fallen trees with a chainsaw, then building a huge fire to dispose of them. Had two huge storms last week that knocked down eight 70-100 ft. trees. Then coached tee ball practice late in the afternoon in 90 degree heat. Then watched Swamp People marathon.

Read the paper, did the crossword (a lovely benfit of the summer when I don't have to leave to work so soon after awakening) over reheated breakfast. Put together a rocking chair that's been boxed and unopened for several weeks, then put the cover back on the backyard canopy, did some spring cleaning and boxing up of "stuff." Read some of a cruddy book (once I start, I can't not finish a book). Went to church, then out to a Hawaiian BBQ place for dinner. Looked at a screen with internetting images and words.

Dropped off my wife at work. Spent the morning preparing paperwork to send to the Better Business Bereua after having a water filtration system installed, and not getting a satisfactory reply from the company that supplied it. I had to fax 24 pages of information to the BBB. Picked up my wife from work and we went to our nieces 10th birthday party.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I spent the day at the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association state track and field meet. I help coach track and my alma matter and we had a couple of kids in the state meet. It was fun, but hotter then hell. Ohh and I ran in the morning (of course).

Placed 252 out of 18,701 runners in a local 10k. Went out to eat with some friends, afternoon cocktails and now I'm home relaxing.

Mostly reading, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Placed 252 out of 18,701 runners in a local 10k. Went out to eat with some friends, afternoon cocktails and now I'm home relaxing.
    That's a big race. I don't think I've been in a race that big, except maybe when I went to China and ran in a race on New Year's Day 1987.

This Saturday I was in Springfield, MO for my annual business trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That's a big race. I don't think I've been in a race that big, except maybe when I went to China and ran in a race on New Year's Day 1987.
    It was the Bellin Run, which is one of the biggest 10k's in the country. As crazy as it is that there were 18k+ runners the biggest races: Boulder Boulder, Peachtree have 50k + people in it!