Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Way to bury the lead there, JJB. You were "hit by a couple cars"?!?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Way to bury the lead there, JJB. You were "hit by a couple cars"?!?
    Sorry about that, I didn't read my post before I hit 'reply.' The god was nearly hit by a couple of cars, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Sorry about that, I didn't read my post before I hit 'reply.' The god was nearly hit by a couple of cars, not me.
    Wait; now you were running with a deity?!?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Wait; now you were running with a deity?!?
    WOW, I am just all over the place with this story aren't I?

With the help of family and friends, purged all sorts of carp out of the garage, at long last! Mrs. TI7 got really brave and dumped a bunch of teaching stuff she had collected over at least ten years. Other family members took their stuff we've been storing, too. A zillion trips to Goodwill and recycling it seemed but a huge dent was made in the process. I can now finish installing storage shelves I had begun before we were inundated with everyone's carp. Best, I'll also be able to use my work bench again instead of storage. Yippee! (oh...sorry...)
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Yippee! (oh...sorry...)
    No, it was just your favorite SW quote, I guess. I did the clean-off-the-workbench thing a week or so back. :catharthis:

Since it was the first of a few 100+ degree days according to the forecast, much was indoors. Did some reading and DVR catching up, lunch at Chick Fil-A (with coupons! ), and to help my mom with her exercise, continued the walk-a-mile on the city bike/walking trail.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I can now finish installing storage shelves I had begun before we were inundated with everyone's carp.
    Better to be inundated with that aquatic nuisance than silver fish. When did the carp learn to migrate to garages anyway? Unless....

...You don't happen to live at the bottom of the sea do you? Possibly in a large fruit-like structure, like a pineapple?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

...and I have a friend named Patrick!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ran, tried to find some new running shoes (didn't find what I wanted), went to a niece's 16th bday party, rocked some bocce ball.

I ran yesterday as well, which with today's run means I ran FOUR days this week. I did this five mile route that I used to run regularly many years ago. Much of it is on the course of a race I will be doing next week. My time for the run was 35:40. Looking back in my records, I see that I ran 33:47 in July of 2000, and 33:53 in April of 2001, and many times in the 34's in 2001 and 2002. So, this wasn't too bad for 10 years later and not being in my best shape. The pace for the run (7:08, assuming my Garmin watch is accurate) is what I will need to run next week for 7 miles if I want to run faster than my worst time in that race (50:00). I should be able to do that if I don't go out too fast or hurt something along the way. I probably would have had a slower time in that race at some point, but I've not run it since 2007.