Page 87 of 144 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    A 7 mile race MSP? Thats a bit of a different distance!
    It was the first race other than track or cross country that I ever ran back in 1985. It has been around since the late 60's, though it wasn't always 7 miles.

http://www.gbrc.net/chuckanut_footrace.php

There are a couple big name races that are seven miles long. There is Falmouth in Massachusetts on August 14, and Bix in Iowa on July 30.

I think that JJB might've been thinking that the specific number was different; 5K = 3.1 miles, 10K = 6.2 miles, 1500m = about 1 mile, 3000m = about 2 miles. I've not heard of too many 7 milers, either. But props for running any distance, anywhere!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think that JJB might've been thinking that the specific number was different; 5K = 3.1 miles, 10K = 6.2 miles, 1500m = about 1 mile, 3000m = about 2 miles. I've not heard of too many 7 milers, either. But props for running any distance, anywhere!
    Yeah something like that BCJ, typically most races consist of 2 or 5 miles, 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon. I'd probably do a 7 miler since its an "odd" distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP
    There are a couple big name races that are seven miles long. There is Falmouth in Massachusetts on August 14, and Bix in Iowa on July 30.
    I've heard of both of those races, I knew Bix was a 7 miler but I had no idea that Falmouth is as well.

I was the "cook" at a luncheon meeting my mom hosted for her Avon people; by cook, that means I grilled the hot dogs... all 8 of them. Did a little reading here and there. Went to my **th high school reunion, which was great to see many classmates, some of whom I had not seen since the actual graduation ceremony. I won a gift certificate for leading the singing of our alma mater. Only problem, which several of us mentioned yesterday, was HOW LOUD THEY PLAYED THE MUSIC. WHAT? I SAID, THE MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD. WHAT? I GUESS I MUST BE OLD NOW, AS THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD. DID YOU SAY YOU WANTED A SODA?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Well, I did well in the race beating all my goals. I wanted to beat my worst time of 50:00 that I did the last time I ran in 2007. I figured I was in shape enough to do 49:00, and anything under 48:00 would be bonus. I ended up with a 47:39, and was 2nd in my age group. I was a little concerned that I might have gone out too fast for the first couple miles, because there is a tough hill in the 3rd mile. However, as bad as that hill was, I recovered pretty quickly after that and ran pretty consistent pace the rest of the way except for one other tough hill after 5 miles. I recovered from that pretty well, and then the last mile is kind of fast due to being slightly downhill.

Continued the attack on the garage purging junk and running to Goodwill in 102º heat (cooler than last week end!). Also worked on the patio, which is auxiliary storage for Mrs. TI7's stuff. Went to bed early, which was a good thing, as I was called out to work an officer involved shooting at 1:30 this morning.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ran in a local 5k (9th overall, 1st in my age group), ateworked, ate, napped and back to work.

The battle of the garage purge continued on yet another Saturday. Walked the dogs as the weather was cool enough for them (finally) and went out with Mrs. TI7 for comida Mexicana for dinner. ¡Sabrosa!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!