Page 88 of 140 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
    Ran in a local 5 miler and won it in 32:32.75, I had the lead from the gun to the finish. Its a bit slower then what I would have liked at 6:30 mile pace but since the closest person finished 30 seconds back it was basically a time trial so I can't really complain in that regard. Other then that, I relaxed and enjoyed my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Ran in a local 5 miler and won it in 32:32.75, I had the lead from the gun to the finish. Its a bit slower then what I would have liked at 6:30 mile pace but since the closest person finished 30 seconds back it was basically a time trial so I can't really complain in that regard. Other then that, I relaxed and enjoyed my day off.
    Well done. I passed on the 5K that I wanted to do. A couple aches and pains I've been having made me think better of it. I had a hamstring issue back in March and went ahead and did a race then, and ended up having it give out on me less than half way through. So, I did not want something like that to happen.

I was on vacation in Reno for the week, and I arrived at the 6:00am opening of the Hallmark store for the SW ornaments. After that, just watched TV with the family. Drove to the local minor league baseball team's game, and was chosen for the free teeth whitening giveaway (and I gave mine away to my family, as I doubt I'll go up for just dental cleaning ); it was Johnny Cash weekend, and his daughter was there and sang one of the best national anthems I've ever heard in person, while his son threw out the first pitch. Bought an ice cream cake for the next day's party.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I was on vacation in Reno for the week, and I arrived at the 6:00am opening of the Hallmark store for the SW ornaments. After that, just watched TV with the family. Drove to the local minor league baseball team's game, and was chosen for the free teeth whitening giveaway (and I gave mine away to my family, as I doubt I'll go up for just dental cleaning ); it was Johnny Cash weekend, and his daughter was there and sang one of the best national anthems I've ever heard in person, while his son threw out the first pitch. Bought an ice cream cake for the next day's party.
    Speaking of Johnny Cash and Reno, did you kill a man while you were there, just to watch him die?

Well, I did JUST WATCH the news on television IN RENO where A MAN did DIE, SHOT TO death by HIMself. And they did play "Folsom Blues" at the game, with that lyric.

Ran 13.73 miles and lost approximately 10 lbs... thats healthy right? And yes I pounded the water, 24 hours later I had gained back 7 of those pounds. Other then that I hung out, ate and work a bit.

(Yet) Another race. The Milwaukee Brewers Charities Sausage Race 5k run/walk. Felt flat and I ran flat. Afterwards went by a buddies and we along with his family and friends went to German Fest where I had some tasty German food and some tasty German beir.

Went to Target and K-Mart (skipped Wal-Mart since they just have pegs full of clone troopers), and then to the gym and Fred Meyer before going home. Trimmed the grass under my fence and along this brick along the border with my neighbor. Today my hamstrings are a bit sore, and I thought it might have been from the leg curls I've been doing at the gym, but then I realized it was probably from all the squatting down while I was cutting grass.

Used the gift certificate to the breakfast/lunch restaurant on breakfast (scrambled eggs, biscuit/gravy, home fries, pineapple juice), went looking for plants (found none worthy of purchase), read to keep outta the heat, got "dinner" out from Carl's Jr. to use a coupon that was about to expire. Watched TV far too late into the evening.

My final summer Saturday. Read my last (or possibly, second-to-last) book of the summer at the library, while waiting to meet up with someone for lunch. Bought much more (and was in it longer) than I expected to at the Dollar Tree discount store (still, under $30). Watched the looooooooooooooong NFL Hall of Fame speeches (a couple were good long ones, however), and not-funny comics on Comedy Central. Started to plan my lessons and units for the upcoming school year, until I read some info that will likely change several of my plans, so I stopped. Along with the Pirates' continued losing streak (giving up about 30 runs in the last 2 games), and the rest of the depressing stuff from today, I went to bed moping and down. Sorry for being Negative Nelson...