Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
    Went shopping and got the Republic Attack Shuttle at Target. Went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Went to the gym and lifted a few weights. Mowed my lawn, even though most of it that is still green is clover. Watched some classic Doctor Who (my first time seeing the Second Doctor), and watched the second day of the London Diamond League track meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    ...and watched the second day of the London Diamond League track meet.
    How about Leo winning the mile out kicking Lagat! Quite the scalp as the Brit announcer said!!! And Fleschman winning the 5,000. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    How about Leo winning the mile out kicking Lagat! Quite the scalp as the Brit announcer said!!! And Fleschman winning the 5,000. Good stuff!
    Yeah, too bad she didn't qualify for the team. I like Morgan Uceny's chances in the women's 1500, though.

Did you watch online? I've not caught any of that coverage. I hope to see some of the WC there because I really like who they had last time.

I just saw highlights of Fleshman's win, wow what a move with 500 to go! I lurk over at Letsrun.com where I found out about what happened.

I might have to bite the bullet and pay for the WC coverage, I really want to see that men's 5000 final, womens 10000 and 5000 should be good too.

The family spent the day doing cartwheels!

My son has been applying to universities to pursue his degree in meteorology. Midweek he was accepted to ASU Tucson (he's also applied to Iowa State and Northern Illinois University), but the best news was that he was accepted to the University of Oklahoma (the "Harvard of Weather", IMO)! He will start in the spring semester. Yay! OU is THE place to go for his major!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

ASU has a Tucson campus? Isn't that a dangerous mix, TI? Are they the Sun Cats? Wild Devils?

I made it a loooooooooong full Disney day (over 12 hours in both parks); fun but draining (thankfully, the weather was mild, even though the clouds burned off for good around 10am). What'd I do?

- rode Star Tours thrice!
    - other rides (Indy [saw some possible rooms that in all the years I've been on the ride, had never seen], Storybook boats [a simple favorite of mine for a long time], Buzz Lightyear Blasters [not a great score], Toy Story Mania [also not a great score, but I did get more big-score targets... maybe why my % and points were low], Pirates, Ariel's Underwhelming Adventure, Railroad [great for the end of the day fatigue])
    - shows seen (Aladdin [always love this one], various non-Asimo Innoventions programs)
    - food (hot fudge sundae [Golden Horseshoe], clam chowder bowl [that Wharf place in DCA])

One more day left on my 4-day summer pass that I'd have to use by 8/31... I might have to let that one expire.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Raced a local 2 miler (took second overall, first in my age group), rocked some 'Cajun' eggs bennidect at Perkins, watched 'my team' defeat 'BCJ's team.'

Spent the day listening to JBF go on and on about his new buddy Luke Goss. They've been hanging out all last week BSing with each other. I imagine they'll be doing more of the same this week.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Mrs. TI7 and I spent until almost 8PM getting her room ready for Monday's onslaught. She only needs about an hours' worth of fine tuning tomorrow and she'll be ready for her new batch of third graders.

[Edit] Although technically Sunday morning, I was called out to work yet another gang-related homicide. One more night of on-call and then done for two weeks.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!