Page 1 of 148 123451151101 ... LastLast

How did you spend your Saturday?

I love and hate Saturdays. Hate: I tend to think of it like the etch-e-sketch of the seven day week: "Well, I didn't finish such and such this week, so I'll get to it on Saturday." Love: I tend to also think of it like the get-out-of-jail-free card of the seven day week: "Well, I didn't finish such and such this week and I don't plan to get to it on Saturday either, suck it Monday through Friday!"

How do you spend your Saturdays?

Today I wasted my day watching movies on Netflix....I meant to work on my roof....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I drove down to Shelbyville this morning and got to ride a snowmobile for the very first time. Hung out with some buddies down there and then headed back to Hillsboro for a UFC party tonight at a neighbors' house (it's the big GSP vs. BJ Penn fight).

I did get a chance to stop at a couple of Wal-Marts today on my drive and picked up the Thrawn/Talon Karrde comic pack and a Resolute Cobra Commander.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Volunteered as an interview judge for the local Academic Decathlon this morning, did a bit of shopping this afternoon, and have done very little that I should have after that. Am looking forward to tomorrow's Big Game* thought.

* no licensing or copyright laws were broken in the typing of this post
    "That's what Sheev said."

sleeping and surfing the net. alternately. pretty much what I do every saturday. well, every day really. eat, drink tea, drop the kids and their classmates off at the pool.....

occasionally I watch a movie. tonight it was the made for tv pilot of the new Knightrider.

oh and i managed to get a shave this saturday. took a half inch of growth off with a disposable blade. just one tiny nick in the skin this time. luckily my blood has an amazingly fast clotting time. my immune system is rockin!

watched the MASS device dvd since i opened up all 5 packs to construct my own MASS device.

and did some laundry and the dishes and posted a bit on SSG. and most importantly took a big long nap in the middle of the day.

I was at Disneyland today! (Disney's California Adventure, technically)

I worked at Wal-Mart today. As an assembler, I built a few bikes, fixed a couple of endcaps, then built 6 office chairs, and chatted with a fellow assembler, seeing as today was my last day for possibly a month.

After work, I shopped for Valentines stuff for my wife, got me a pair of jeans, but we were sold out of the ink cartridges I needed for my printer. I have to print up plane tickets, and a to do list for my son while I am away.

Next I stopped and got my haircut, and beard trimmed. Afterwards, I drove to Staples in nearby Addison, only to find out they had no ink cartridges for my printer either, and they were closing/moving after the store closed this evening.

Next, I called up my son, and asked him if he wanted to go to dinner with me. My wife was working, so just my son and I went out for a beef at Portillos, they have the best beef ever. y son suggested a portillos right across the street from another Wal-Mart close to our house. After dinner, we ran to the Wal-Mart only to find they also had no ink cartridges for my printer. We were just a block away from an office depot, so I went there seeeking my ink cartridges, they had a limited selection of dell cartridges, and I found what I thought were the ones I needed, however when I returned home, I found that they were not, so I returned them unopened, and I was on my way.

I called a Wal-Mart in Addison, which told me they only had black ink, no color. I decided I would try another staples a town or so further down the road. As I was driving I found a different Wal-Mart, stopped, and found the cartrdges I was looking for. I also stopped at a Target after one of the regular collectors told me he got 2 of the BMF's for under $30 each. I didn't find not one. I got home shortly before 9 pm, and I still have a lot to get done before my flight tomorrow.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Let's see...

1. Washed the car.
    2. Stopped by the bank and activated my new debit card.
    3. Stopped by the auto parts store and bought power steering fluid, belt dressing, and a K&N filter cleaning/reconditioning kit.
    4. Stopped by the military clothing and sales store to buy new work gloves and sunglasses.
    5. Stopped by my new office and spent a couple of hours working on getting it set up.
    6. Went home, cleaned/reconditioned my air filter, added power steering fluid, and sprayed down my new belts.
    7. Went to Wal-Mart with my wife and daughter to buy a new Disney Princess bike for my daughter's birthday, along with all the gear. Picked up Hulk Vs. on blu-ray.
    8. Went to Subway for dinner.
    9. Watching Hulk Vs. on blu-ray and posting on SSG.

Tomorrow.....SUPERBOWL baby!!!
    May the force be with you.

I made a few trips from base to my apartment buying stuff so I can actually live there. I've still got a long way to go but I made a decent dent in it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I made a few trips from base to my apartment buying stuff so I can actually live there. I've still got a long way to go but I made a decent dent in it.
    that's your saturday, but is it closer to friday or sunday for us?