Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    I spent the first 2.5 hours of Saturday working at the bar I... well work at! Then I woke up and went to my 'real job.' Then home, tv, bed.

Taking care of my wife who has been off work all week with an illness and washing dishes. Our Kitchen Aid bellied-up this week! Only six years old and the electronics panel is toast (and out of warranty, of course).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Got up at 6:30 so I could get ready and be at the school by 8 to administer the SAT. Finally got out around 1pm then came home and watched the Carolina basketball game.

After that I spent about 3 hours of playing Lego Star Wars. Then headed out to the girlfriend's house.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post

The dinner ended up being a more somber occasion as my dad passed away at 5:45 this morning. I woke up just after 7 and went back to sleep until my mom called me with the news just before 8.

So, today I am Sad Slanted Powers, though I guess to make an anagram it is Sad Planted Mowers. The silver lining is that he isn't suffering anymore, and my mom won't have to spend her days tending to him as he continues to decline.

So, everything's perfectly all right now. I'm fine. I'm all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
    I'm truly sorry for your loss MSP. There are a few of us here on SSG who have lost one or both parents. It's not an easy thing. There aren't any words I can offer really, even having been through it twice myself - and just last November with my Grandmother as well.

I know what you mean: your dad isn't suffering any more and for that I'd be thankful if it were me, too.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, MSP. Like Tycho said, there really aren't any words that can bring you total comfort, but you and your family are in my thoughts all the same.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thanks. I'm doing okay unless I start thinking about it too much. The funeral will probably make me emotional. I'm like my dad though, in that I don't show my emotions too much. It helps that we had about nine months to prepare for this. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer in late May or early June, and he's been in a hospital or rest home since July when the dementia took over.

Sorry to hear that, MSP.

Yesterday afternoon, I played drums while a friend of mine (who I hadn't seen in a while) played guitar. He and I and two other guys are looking to start a band in the fall, so we figured we might as well practice/jam a little. He was pretty good, but would often get out of time. I'm sure it'll get better as we go on. Oh, and I also watched the final Futurama DVD, which was good, but not great like I hoped. I also watched SNL, which was pretty funny as Tracy Morgan is awesome.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Thanks. I'm doing okay unless I start thinking about it too much. The funeral will probably make me emotional. I'm like my dad though, in that I don't show my emotions too much. It helps that we had about nine months to prepare for this. He was diagnosed with the lung cancer in late May or early June, and he's been in a hospital or rest home since July when the dementia took over.
    *hug*

I condole you...

I went to see "Spring Awakening".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've lost my mother and Step mom. I know it isn't an easy thing to get through, and I still cry sometimes when I think of the good times I had with both of my moms. You just have to take it day by day. My condolences to you.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!