Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    looking after my partner who just had an operation to fit a feeding tube direct to his stomach.
    And spending time with my dog Ramsey. who is a lot more lively now than he was he first came home. his coat has been well groomed, his skin looks better, it looks like he's beginning to lose some of excess weight and remembering how to be a normal dog.

Well, I spent most of my Saturday in a state of depression, sleeping in until nearly 4:00 p.m.

No I am not depressed about the state of politics, or any of that other stuff....that junk just makes me mad...not depressed.

Anyway, things just aren't going as I had hoped this week, and it's going to take some time before my head is straight again.
    May the force be with you.

Went for a walk with my wife up to the store, then stopped and got my hair cut, then we decided to go eat, watched some college hoops, then went out for another walk. Then her 16 year old daughter stooped by, we went to see "I love you, man" and then we came home. Still have about another 5 1/2 hours before bedtime.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Jargo, I'm sorry you have such serious issues to deal with right now. I think you're a great guy for trying to help the people that matter most to you in your life (I'm counting the dog as a person / family member too because I have pets and they ARE my family members). I hope things start going really good if that is possible.

Sith_Killer, it sucks that you are also depressed. However, I can't resist ribbing you (in hopes that you'll smile) when I suggest that what you need is a stimulus plan But anyway, get better soon!

BobaFrett, it sounds like you had a good day for the rest of us who couldn't. You deserve many of those for sure!

Today, while I mean to get out a little and maybe go and meet a new girl who could be in my life, I (either made the excuse) or thought about it and decided that what I really wanted to do was stay in and watch the movies I rented which are due back on Monday. I saw "Pride and Glory" and it was really good. I am glad I watched it. I also figured out (somewhat) how to play the new 2009 Major League Baseball Game (2K9) on the Wii and enjoyed 3 innings being San Diego against the Colorado Rockies. Jake Peavey was pitching for my team, but I'm just getting used to the controls: I (as Jake) allowed 5 runs (2 were homers, one of which was a grand slam) and I only had 2 hits and no RBIs. So as I get used to things with this game, I expect it will go better, but I quit at the top of the 4th inning. I'll practice some more later. However, I highly recommend the game and will probably buy it, along with Lego Indiana Jones, and Tiger Woods' Golf - the other two I've been playing.

In any event, I figure on emerging from my home when I have nothing to do to entertain myself here. Right now that's not the case. It's a little anti-social but I had a buddy of mine over last night to watch Terminator:TSCC with and then "Breaking Bad" on DVD. That was all fun. Honestly, I don't see how exactly a new girl fits into the picture (for today anyway) because I'm only going to do what I want to do anyway - and I don't feel too kindly for patronizing "chic interests" today. I'd rather bat some balls and kill things. Hey: everybody's got to have hobbies.

Reinvesting in several local communities, by providing them with tax revenue. Consuming cooked foods, both at and outside my home. Viewing distant athletic contests played inside buildings with lined wood floors, and watching my bracketed predictions of said contests fade into innacuracy. Sleep.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Worked on my house all weekend....thank God Spring Break is over so I can get a break....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I didn't do anything, come to think of it. Last Saturday I took my sister-in-law shopping out of town so I just wanted to spend Saturday doing nothing. Tried sleeping in but only made it to eight am. Ate breakfast (small cup of dry Trail Mix Crunch and a bottle of water) while watching the season finale of Clone Wars I'd recorded the night before.

I got paid for meeting at school to discuss a new program. These are called "Buy Back Days" in teacher lingo, but due to budget cuts, they will probably become a thing o' the past for some time. Free lunch, though (and a nice spread, thanks! ). Turned in some recycling and got almost five bucks; returned a SW book to the library.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I slept most of it, but my Wii recorded that I played Lego Indiana Jones for at least 6 hours!

I beat Temple of Doom today.