Page 15 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Did you purchase any items?

I went to a school car wash (no organization... students could not find the owner of the car in front of me so I had to back out up an incline into an "in" driveway after they'd started to wash cars next to me, thereby spotting my already-washed-and-dried car), and got gas (for $2.18 ) elsewhere. Graded a few papers back at home, until I realized Spike TV had all 6 SW films on consecutively. :noworkdone:
    "That's what Sheev said."

I went to Toys R Us and got the rest of the Terminator figures and found Trek playsets with pack-in figures worthy of purchasing.

I talked summer-movies with the Asst. Mgr. of TRU as he checked out my purchases. I said Terminator would be the best summer movie. A Transformers fan, he said The Fallen would step on John Connor at the box office. He might have a point there, but I countered that Nolan's writing for Christian Bale will top both of Orci and Kurtzman's films (Trek, Transformers) this summer - even though I am a complete fan and collector of all 3 genres.

But step aside Megatron, SkyNet is destined to dominate the world!!!

I saw the new Star Trek figures today. Bigger ones I saw at Wal-Mart, smaller ones at Target. If they had smaller ones from the original series I might consider getting them.

BCJ, yes I did indeed purchase some items. However, they are listed over in the hauls thread.

Went to the university library to use their broadband to chat with HP tech support about finding a driver for my new USB TV tuner but the lib didn't open until noon.

So I went shopping to kill some time.

I didn't find anything I couldn't live without, so I headed back to the lib and had to wait an hour as HP chat support was down, but finally was able to get the driver I needed. So now I can watch and record HDTV on my notebook.

I recorded part of a golf tourniment to test it out and later that night recorded an episode of Star Trek TOS, which happened to be the one where Dr. McCoy was first introduced. One hour episode = nearly 7.68 GB. I'm going to record Simpsons and Family Guy tonight.

Saturday was a great day weather wise. Had I known it was supposed to rain all day today I would've spent Saturday outside rather than sit in a library for the better part of the afternoon.

I ran 6 miles, then a local theater had yet another "2 for 1" pricing special so I did then, went out to eat with friends and then went to work at the bar.

Working of course, no surprise there....4am-1pm......nothing but FUN.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I had a busy week at school so I wanted to just spend time at home, which I did. As with the past few weeks, I worked on the SW room; I'm still taking figures down, dusting everything, and putting them back up in scenes, and I'm currently about halfway through ROTS (working from the bottom to the top, having completed the OT shelves). I had meant to apply for summer jobs this weekend but that didn't happen, though I did put in a transfer application to the Denver campus since they have a better filmmaking program than does the Boulder campus. That was on Friday, so I guess that's off-topic.

My parents and I went to some steak restaurant and I got fish and chips; the steaks apparently weren't very good at all, so I doubt we'll be going back.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I did this today, on a Sunday, so it might not count, but I thought you might find it interesting so I'm posting it anyway. Today I went to a Holocaust Memorial service at the Jewish Community Center. It was interesting and emotional. There were like half a dozen real Holocaust survivors there. One lady sat directly in front of me. If she's in her 80's or early 90's now, she'd have to have been under 20 when she was in the Nazi death camps.

I work on Saturday. When I am done with work, I go right to church. Some Saturday nights I go out with some friends to dance or sing karaoke. If not, I'll watch tv or play video games and have a drink or two.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.