Page 16 of 147 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    I'll be going to the Padres game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It's PetCo "replica jersey night" and all the fans get a free San Diego Padres top.

I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!

"Take me out to the ballgame
    Take me with the crowd
    Watch the Padres
    circle around the bags
    all I want is for them
    to never stop rallying

'cause I root-a-toot
    for my home team
    they always win all their games
    because it's one-two-three runs and more
    and the Padres lead again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

It's PetCo "replica jersey night" and all the fans get a free San Diego Padres top.

I'll be back tomorrow night or something to post the score once we whoop the Bucks!
    That should be pretty easy for guys with bats to whoop a basketball team.

"Take me out to the ballgame
    Take me with the crowd
    Watch the Padres
    circle around the bags
    all I want is for them
    to never stop rallying

'cause I root-a-toot
    for my home team
    they always win all their games
    because it's one-two-three runs and more
    and the Padres lead again!"
    Okay, is that really the way they sing it? I only hear the versions when the Cubs play at home, so perhaps the 7th inning stretch is different in California.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Those lyrics show definite signs of mouse droid sniffing!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'll let you have the win when you see them, Tycho, but the Pahds will have to lose the series, sorry.

And "whoop the bucks" is California-speak for "pay $25 for parking," along with a $9 sushi roll.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well the Padres won their game Friday night (I watched with my buddy in a sports bar). It went into the 12th inning and Brian Giles hit an RBI to break the 3-3 tie that lasted for way too many innings (but that makes it all the more exciting!)

So now I'm looking forward to seeing them win again at my live game today (tonight), but first I have to get some sleep (eventually).

With the swine flu (or some variration of it) *sniff
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

drinking some vegatable concoction. Yuck.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I think I saw JediTricks at Disneyland today!

I was there to renew my pass and even though it was reasonably crowded, I decided to go on a few rides before heading back home. At some point during the late afternoon, I think I saw JT but as I was not within yelling or walk to catch up distance of him, I didn't call out to him. I did try to catch up but he disappeared somewhere into either Frontierland or Adventureland.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I think I saw JediTricks at Disneyland today!
    You should've yelled, "Good news, everyone!" Then, as his cone-shaped mouth moved ever-so-slightly open, he'd have said, "Wha-?"

I finished my grading in the morning, then watched 4+ hours of just 1 1/2 rounds of the NFL Draft with a friend of mine. Watched it as my own brain turned to mush and did a 4.41 in the 40" time out of my own head...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega