Page 21 of 151 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Well, let's see...

I have a long 4 day weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday).

Friday I spend 8 hours working on the car. I "clayed" the car with the new Ice Liquid Clay Kit by Turtle Wax. This is akin to the standard claybar kit, only in a single liquid application. Clay removes contaminants from the exterior of the vehicle. Then I washed and waxed the car using Turtle Wax's Ice car polish. That night I also attended a local car meet, it was a pretty small meet, but I got to see some nice cars and talk to a few local owners. It was mostly Subaru STI owners and a couple Evo owners, and me with my RA.

Saturday I went to my 1SG's house and played poker. We started off with dealers choice then went into no limit hold 'em. I won some, lost some, pretty much broke even. It was an all afternoon/night event, arrived at 3 p.m. and finished at 11:30 p.m. Pizza, beer, good times, etc.

Today, I am recovering from yesterday and catching up on the forums. Probably going to do some work around the house. Maybe watch a couple of movies from Netflix.
    May the force be with you.

Went to what will probably be the most enjoyable wedding I will ever get to check out. The entire "ceremony" was roughly 15 minutes long, not religious in ANY way shape or form and the vows were actually humourous yet really meaningful. After the "we do" it was about 30 seconds before the groom gave the order to descend on the open bar, an order that was promptly and seriously obeyed. It was truly a big fun kind of affair, great food, smiles all round, tons of WOOOOOOO to be had for all.

And tho nobody here knows the couple (tho JJreason has met the groom on I think 2 occasions, one in front of the Holiday Special itself) I must post here that I wish Jay Fee and Roxy nothing but the best, they're awesome people and being invited to their "special day" was an honour (especially since, like usual, the "dress code" was waived for me)
    Iso&Baws
    Oyes truly the way I think all weddings should be
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Sounds like you had a good weekend, SK. I miss cleaning my truck by hand.

Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    (especially since, like usual, the "dress code" was waived for me)
    I was seriously gonna ask if you actually put on a shirt and tie but apparently it was sweatpants and the flannel coat for you. You could've at least worn the good ol' Canadian tuxedo.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Worked my 'real job' then stopped by a friends for a bbq then went to Caesar's and did a little movie watchin' then went to my weekend job (bar).

Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!!
    Yeah, we get 3 and 4 day weekends at the drop of a hat around here. They do that because of our deployment time, 15 months of working 6 and often 7 day work weeks, 10-12 hours a day.As a result the CG (Commanding General) is really big on giving us family time, which is really cool.

Come to think of it, today is my official anniversary. 12 months ago today I left Afghanistan.

I miss cleaning my truck by hand.
    Yeah, I really missed my 240 while I was gone. What kind of truck do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Yeah, we get 3 and 4 day weekends at the drop of a hat around here. They do that because of our deployment time, 15 months of working 6 and often 7 day work weeks, 10-12 hours a day.As a result the CG (Commanding General) is really big on giving us family time, which is really cool.
    Our command blows for giving us time off. We'll be out to sea for 4 months working 12 hours every day and when we get back they'll give us a 72 hour for "doing a good job"

Yeah, I really missed my 240 while I was gone. What kind of truck do you have?
    I've got a Chevy Blazer. There are pictures on Cardomain if you have an account (the username is slicker1138. Original, huh?)
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Our command blows for giving us time off. We'll be out to sea for 4 months working 12 hours every day and when we get back they'll give us a 72 hour for "doing a good job"
    WOW, that does blow!

I've got a Chevy Blazer. There are pictures on Cardomain if you have an account (the username is slicker1138. Original, huh?)
    No need to have an account, I just did a search for your username.Man that thing looks sharp! Very clean, I can see why you miss it so much. I'll have to set up an account and post pics of my RA.

I worked, I celebrated 44 years, I partied (a little), and I went to bed.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

[QUOTE=From I don't know who]Well, seeing as it's Memorial Day weekend I had to work everyday...for 12 hours...while everybody else has it off...you guys suck!!! [QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better (I don't know who posted the above) while I do have Monday off I will spend Tues - Fri trying to fit five days of work into that period.