Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    The company I work for provided the liquor for a country music festival so I spent my Saturday (along with Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun) working out in the hot sun. I hate country music but its actually been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony. Seeing as I did it back in 2007 I got to "initiate" the slimy wogs. It's just a fun day where you go from station to station and the shellbacks (people that have done it already) talk mad sh*t to you and whatnot. It ended up on the flight deck where everyone got soaked with seawater.
    ...and as a highlight, did you end up in Diego Garcia?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Unfortunately no. That's on the edge of our AOR and I highly doubt we'll ever make it over that far since the Persian Gulf carriers can get there faster. I'll let you know where we're going in a few days...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Walked in my "Relay for Life" cancer walk. They had the closing ceremony between 11:20am and about 12:10pm. I was recognized for raising over $1,000.00, and I picked up my teams "Bronze" level pins. My wife and I stopped at the Steak & Shake for lunch, it's thew same one where we went just after I asked her to marry me two years ago. The drive home, I started not being able to focus on the road, so we stopped and got out and stretched. Made it home in one piece around 4 pm, got the car unpacked, and stayed inside up until we had to go shopping around 9 pm.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Walked in my "Relay for Life" cancer walk. They had the closing ceremony between 11:20am and about 12:10pm. I was recognized for raising over $1,000.00, and I picked up my teams "Bronze" level pins.
    Raising $1k only gets you the bronze?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony.
    Can you start on the toilet before, but "finish your business" just as you're on the equator to see what direction the water flows down?

Went with my mother to Disneyland (and CA Adventure, with a Parkhopper 3-day ticket) for the less-attended-this-year Unofficial SW Day. It was cool, but not the weather (quite warm, in fact). Shared a table with a couple from Vancouver since eating around the time of a fireworks show means virtually no open places to sit.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

[FONT=Courier New]Got up, had breakfast, and the wife and I drove from Depoe Bay, OR up 101 to Tillamook, OR to see my dad march in the parade (he's a Shriner), hang out with my mom and 4 yo nephew and then visit with an old friend who lives in Tillamook.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Then we drove home and just relaxed after 3 days at the coast.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Raising $1k only gets you the bronze?!?
    No, you have to raise between $2,000.00 to $3,999.99 to get the bronze. That was for our team. Myself, I raised $1,532.07 plus another $125.00 during the silent auction. I had a Lego Republic Gunship up for bidding, and had a minimum bid of $35.00, but didn't put a "Buy it now" price, which was good, cause I thought it might get $85.00 tops.

My team raised around $2,700.00 but i don't have the exact total, with me getting over half that total. So every year I get the little "Relay" trinkets, which are pretty cool!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I had a pretty eventful Saturday. We crossed the equator therefore we had our line crossing ceremony. Seeing as I did it back in 2007 I got to "initiate" the slimy wogs. It's just a fun day where you go from station to station and the shellbacks (people that have done it already) talk mad sh*t to you and whatnot. It ended up on the flight deck where everyone got soaked with seawater.
    So how close were you to being King Neptune? (I hope I'm remembering that correctly)

Here's how I spent my Saturday:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th of July 2009 141.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	20734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th of July 2009 162.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	20735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th of July 2009 170.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	20736  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!