Page 28 of 148 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    My work had a day at the zoo for families, which was really cool. Everything was free, including breakfast, lunch and snacks, the pet the stingrays exibit, train rides (the kids' favorite). My parents & sister (& her 2 kids, who somehow also happen to be my niece & nephew) were in town, so they came along too. Afterwards, I came home, laid out by the pool with some beers for a few hours. Finally, I went with some old friends to a free concert with Sheryl Crow & Elvis Costello (too much Sheryl, not enough Elvis) under the St. Louis Arch. After 1/3 of the crowd left, they came back out for one final encore and played Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll, (probably the best, highest energy song that was played all night)... and then fireworks were shot over the Mississippi river... not a bad Saturday.

Today I'm going to the homerun derby.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

working again
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Same here....10-7.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Same here....10-7.
    I am 8-4:30, so I will be out shortly
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Same here....10-7.
    I like the numbers 10-7! In coptalk around here, that's a "ten-code" (like 10-4) that means "off-duty" ......like I am on this Saturday!

TI7 is 10-7......oh, yeah!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

10-7, I am out of here. I remember that from the LP days.

I worked 6:54 am until 4:11 pm. Then I went to see my step daughter at her Books-a-Million store and found the most recent issue of the "Insider" magazine. Currently watching the Cubs losing to the Nationals.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Took advantage of the unseasonably cool weather and cleaned out my storage shed where I keep all my treasures. Found some damage caused by rodents (little bastards chewed up a small section of my Queen's Royal Starship and POTF2 AT-AT boxes and used the paper to make a nest). They were also trying to gnaw through my plastic storage totes, which is the first time I've ever seen them do that. Everything else looked intact and unharmed though.

Some of the lids on my newer 50-gal Rubbermaid tubs are cracked badly, which ****es me off to no end. The ones I bought ten years ago are holding up fine so I think Rubbermaid is using a cheaper plastic on the new ones. Seriously considering moving my zip-locked bagged LEGO collection from plastic containers to metal trash cans with lids.

Also changed the oil in my car and made the rounds with the push-mower. Later I started building a LEGO set then stopped to watch a movie.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)