Page 30 of 148 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Yesterday, Mrs. TI7 and I spent the evening with Wayne Sayles the author of my uncle's biography....FINALLY!

Here's a little info on that which can be found in the "Reading" section of SSG: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...72&postcount=1

We were treated to a wonderful dinner, and then Mr. Sayles conducted a video interview with me about my family with regard to my uncle. AND....he was generous enough to bring my uncle's West Point ring for me to see!
    He is compiling information not just on my uncle, but material on the 416th Bomb Group to be used in a project of his later. (The Military Channel recently had a show Great Planes on the A-26 Invader that featured a lot of film footage on the 416th)

All in all, a very exhilarating, surreal, and emotional experience for me!

In case anyone is interested in Mr. Sayles' journey finding out about my uncle (and which ultimately led his efforts to me), or just has interest in WWII in general, here is the site of his blog:

http://cramsie.blogspot.com/2008/12/...d-cramsie.html
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That's really cool TeeEye! I'm extremely interested in historical figures and learning about the people that came before us.

(I'm going to use my Delorean I built into a time machine to study the people who will come after us, but I'm having a little trouble with the flux capacitor and convincing Iran or North Korea to sell me their plutonium.)

I spent my Saturday taking my friend I made at kidney dialysis to the Padres game. Tonight we had full-food-service and almost private box seating on the terrace level above home plate for an awesome view of San Diego beating the New York Mets!

Then I went to Wal-Mart later where I just got the giant Devastator and I met my friend Rich, a Hot Wheels collector whom I hadn't seen for a long time, in the toy isles. We ended up talking about baseball for over an hour!

Then I went to one more Wal-Mart on my way home and bought the new Nickelback CD "Dark Horse," found that Linkin Park was totally sold out, and picked up Stevie Ray Vaughn as a present for Ashley, the girl I play guitars with.

I'm very excited and happy right now and wonder how the heck I'll ever sleep. It's 3:47 AM. Too bad places aren't still rocking in San Diego tonight, else I'd be there.

Got my Lego Y-Wing in the mail, but only had enough time to start dividing all the pieces into color piles. :OCD:

Last night, I went to a concert-under-the-stars event for charity at a HUGE estate little west of here. One of the teachers I work with was in one of the bands that played (very good, too), the food was pretty good (I had the salmon, bean salad, roll), and the weather was very nice. The servers and workers were quite polite, helpful, and efficient. A good time was had by all.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Got my Lego Y-Wing in the mail, but only had enough time to start dividing all the pieces into color piles. :OCD:
    That's the funnest part! One of these days, One of these Halloweens, I should buy an extra bag of the M&M's just so I can open up each package and tally how many there are of each color.

I worked and then went to a local festival where I got free vip tickets to see the Gin Blossom's, Eddie Money and Everclear. Puddle of Mudd was the headliner but we left before they started.

Just a quick follow-up: photos of the ring for those who may be interested.

I was amazed at its weight and pristine condition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wayne Sayles Meeting 8-8-09 009.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	21099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wayne Sayles Meeting 8-8-09 007.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	21100  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That's the funnest part! One of these days, One of these Halloweens, I should buy an extra bag of the M&M's just so I can open up each package and tally how many there are of each color.
    Last two Super Bowls in which the Steelers played (XL and XLIII), I've brought dark brown and yellow only M&M dishes. It's now a requirement, as they've been 2-0 which such a candy there! But I didn't count how many.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Just a quick follow-up: photos of the ring for those who may be interested.

I was amazed at its weight and pristine condition.
    Very cool!

Got my wife's Bday present for Sunday.

Fed our Dean's cat while he's out of town.

Posted on SirSteves' Forum with awesome forumites.

Watched old Batman animated series with my kids.

Did the math on how I'm going to afford the new figures, the dewback, and the Luke/Ben Tatooine collection (good Luke figure) they showed at Comic Con...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I spent most of the day stoking fires on forums, and now I have work to do around the house.
    May the force be with you.