Page 42 of 150 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

Ate dinner (Zatarain's jambalaya).
    How is Zartan's Jambalaya Bel-Cam? I bought a box but haven't made it yet. What meat did you include? The one or 2 times I remember having ajmbalaya in a restaurant I seem to recall it having at least 2 meats.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    How is Zartan's Jambalaya Bel-Cam? I bought a box but haven't made it yet. What meat did you include? The one or 2 times I remember having jambalaya in a restaurant I seem to recall it having at least 2 meats.
    Jambalaya isn't all that hard to make. Brown some meat, throw in a bunch of vegetables along with some Cajun seasoning, water and rice and come back 20 min later. The first time or two I followed a recipie but after looking at different recipies on the interweb I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't much matter what you put in there, it seems rather "whatever you like throw it in" so that's what I do.

Jambalaya is one of the few things I'd rather make from a box than from scratch. Zatarains, some habanero sausage, chopped up chicken, and a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot. Yes, I likes it spicy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Jambalaya is one of the few things I'd rather make from a box than from scratch. Zatarains, some habanero sausage, chopped up chicken, and a few tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot. Yes, I likes it spicy.
    Really?!?!? I've seen the boxes in stores but I've never bothered because its so easy to make.

That sounds pretty good Chux, I think that's what I'll be having next Sat or Sun. I seem to recall shrimp being in it, too.

JJB, I looked at a recipe in a cookbook a couple months ago, and it seemed a little hard to follow. Maybe I'll take another look at it after trying Zartans next week.

As for my Sat... Let's see...

Picked up friend, went to Target, home, took motorcycle to my HD dealership for its 1000 mile check-up. From there to the farmers market, to Costco, back to HD to pick up the bike (and meet Danny Bonnaducci, who is a local DJ on 94 WYSP. He seems ot be at this dealership at least once a month), and a pair of colder weather riding gloves, and back home. There we watched Sunshine Cleaning. Love Amy Adams. later watched Love Actually. The kid that played Liam Neeson's (step)son looked eerily similar to the concept art for E1 Anakin.
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

You choose the meat (sausage, turkey, beef, chicken, ham, etc.) and can add in anything else you want. Let it sit on the stove simmering for around a half hour; tah dah! Tasty, too. Great with biscuits on the side.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Woke up late, but decided to go ahead and make the rounds since both the Kmart and TRU SW sales were ending Saturday.

Got together with family in the afternoon for our annual christmas cookie & candy bake-off. As usual, my aunt and mom started making weird stuff that looks cute but is not really all that appealing (e.g. mini-Santa hats made out of Bugles dipped in icing and then sprinkles - blecch). But I only care for the traditional stuff - chocolate chip & peanut butter cookies, chocolate fudge, and peanut brittle.

At night I started reorganizing my figure display cabinets to make more room for more stuff, mainly EU and Clone Wars - the fastest growing segments of my SW collection. I removed the last vestiges of my prequel figures on display (most were of Padme - my fav character) and also quite a few POTF2-era figures and duplicates. I liked to display different versions of figures from different periods to illustrate the changes in sculpting and articulation, but those older figures are becoming really dated and look odd next to their modern counterparts.

So now I have four shelves devoted to Clone Wars, three for EU, five for ANH (including two for the Cantina), three for ESB, and seven for ROTJ (including four for Jabba's Palace/Pit of Carkoon).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    You choose the meat (sausage, turkey, beef, chicken, ham, etc.) and can add in anything else you want. Let it sit on the stove simmering for around a half hour; tah dah! Tasty, too. Great with biscuits on the side.
    I've never tried the biscuits on the side but I bet those would be good. As far as the recipe goes it really is that simple. After I checked out some recipes and did some experimenting the only really "tough" part (besides the dishes ) is making sure it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot. I've never done it with turkey or ham but I have used beef, shrimp, andoui (sp) sausage, venison, chicken, venison sausage... I think thats it for protein's. Maybe sometime I'll get some clams or some wacky protein's I don't normally eat.

I forgot all about the jambalaya! We got a ton of snow here (Philly had a record 23"); on top of that I had a memorial service to drive to in Philly. I started driving home at about the same time the sun was going down. Treacherous! Left home around 9a, finally back about 6:15.
    YVH-1 head

I don't think I did much of anything this weekend. It's been pretty lonely.

I went out to eat and watched the 2nd half of a very exciting Chargers / Bengals game.

San Diego won in the very last few seconds with a field goal: 27-24 I think.

It was back and forth and always really close when I was watching it. (2nd half on.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.