Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    spent my saturday helping out in the kitchen for the Knights of Columbus Kids Christmas Party...then had to run to to the store to buy shovels (the others broke), then spent the night in front of a roaring fire watching the sky drop around 14" of snow... then Sunday was the shoveling out of my driveway, my neighbors driveways and then another fire watching classic Christmas movies with my nieces and making cookies for Christmas Day...all in all a great weekend actually (would rather have had the snow fall on Christmas eve though)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'll be spending this Saturday (the day after Christmas) watching the 2-part "season finale" of "Power Rangers: RPM", which is also presumed to be the "series finale" of the "Power Rangers" franchise as a whole (17 Seasons, 700 Episodes). The following week (the day after New Year's) begins what Disney/Bandai considers the "18th Season" of "Power Rangers", but from my understanding its nothing more than the "first season" of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" newly "remastered" (basically the same thing that Paramount did with for the "2006 syndicated" re-airings of "Star Trek: The Original Series"). I'll probably end up watching them out of curiosity (to see the difference between the originals and the remasters), but it won't quite be the same.

This Saturday I'll also watch (of the remaining three new episodes) the final "TV aired" new episode of "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight" (since the show has been cancelled). After that, I'll probably try to find a way on youtube (or someplace else) to watch the remaining two "unaired/4kids website only" new episodes to complete the series with a proper ending. With its end on the same day as "Power Rangers" (not counting those upcoming remastered episodes), it more or less means that "American tokusatsu series" as a whole are now dead.

RIP Power Rangers (August 28, 1993 - December 26, 2009)
    RIP Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (December 13, 2008 - December 26, 2009)
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 12-23-2009 at 03:11 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Has no one spent a Saturday since last year (last decade)? Wow...

Yesterday, I was in a clean up/out mode, but ironically never even took a shower.

- Took down and boxed up the outdoor Christmas lights.
    -Cleaned out and organized my digital photo files in the computer.
    - Got rid of many old maps, brochures, and fliers in the travel shelf area.
    - Went through my "saved old clothes" box (doesn't everyone have one of those) and decided which were keep-worthy and which need to go after all these years (found 10 old Hard Rock Cafe shirts, my old Gecko Hawaii stuff, and my track and cross country invitational shirts... some were so small I don't even recall being that size to even fit into them ).
    - Read several chapters of a book (I am bound and determined to have finished it by the end of this 3-day weekend ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Has no one spent a Saturday since last year (last decade)? Wow...
    Technically the decade doesn't start until year "1", 2011 in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Technically the decade doesn't start until year "1", 2011 in this case.
    But decades and centuries/millennia don't operate on the same systems: decade of the 1980s = 1980-1989; 20th century = 1901-2000; 2nd millennium = 1001-2000.

That sounds like temporal hipocrasy to me. On the bright side, it's just one more excuse I can use for being late for work. "Sorry boss, I was contemplating about if this was the first year of the new decade or the last year of the old and my logic created an infinite loop..."

Worked, ran then got together with my fantasy football crew to watch the games and collect my winnings.

Our league pays out after the real Super Bowl... when owners pay their tabs. I realized that I had a contributing WR on my fantasy squad from each of the teams that earned bye weeks: Wayne (IND), Rice (MIN), Jackson (SD), and Meachem (NO), plus other playoff players (Romo-DAL, Longwell-MIN, Breaston-ARI, McCoy-PHI, Clark-IND, Finley-GB, Faulk-NE). Pretty good at drafting and free agent-ing, but 0-fer in the league playoffs this year.

I hung out with a good friend I hadn't seen in a while. We watched The Clone Wars movie and all 22 episodes of the first season, played Super Star Wars on the SNES (which is ridiculously hard), and set up some of those Pocketmodel TCG things and tried to play but we weren't clear on the rules. It was pretty fun all around.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Been spending my Saturdays "cross comparing" the past few weeks. Comparing the "original" Mighty Morphin Power Ranger episodes to the "updated" episodes. I imagine its something we've almost all done previously, either with "Star Trek: The Original Series" or with the "Star Wars" movies. I doubt that anyone cares, but just in case someone does, some of the more noticeable differences have been listed on this site.

What can I say, I don't have a life.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection