Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    It's just one of lifes little no no's. You don't wear the bands t-shirt to the concert. Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

But do you get a pass if you actually get to hang out with the band? Really, I'm not sure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.
    Heheh. I was debating doing just that for my Padres' jersey - or putting Eckstein's name.

But if I wear his name and get to throw out the first ceremonial pitch, I'm not allowed to miss the strike zone! (possible video soon - I haven't decided what I'm going to wear. An "athletic fit" business suit is one idea that crossed my mind. I'll be introduced as "Author and San Diego Resident, Advocate for Organ Transplant Donation." ***

I could put "Darth Mouse" instead though.

*** This has not been confirmed yet. I'm just hinting of the future here. I wasn't going to say anything in case this doesn't happen.

(By the way, still no one has explained to me why you don't wear a band's T-shirt to their concert. At least the police explained to me why you don't yell "FIRE" in a crowded movie theater, and the TSA explained why you don't say the word "bomb" in an airport. )
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I felt like I was running a laundry service yesterday. No one else in my house seems to know where the washing machine is. Also spent a good deal of the day hand-watering my yard. In our last big wind storm, my sprinkler timer was torn to pieces by the wind and I haven't had the bucks or time to replace it. I did have some fun...I had recorded the fifth leg of the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race which terminated in my city (it originated about 120 miles north in the town of Visalia). Nice course skirting the foothills of the Southern Sierra Nevadas! Purty views of rolling hills and live oaks....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Another one is that you don't put your last name onto a team jersey.
    But what's the rule if your last name is the same as some player's? (p.s. I'm still looking for someone named "Jos," and my ripped-in-half Curtis Joseph Blues sweater is getting frayed ).

As for the no-no about same shirt/same concert, I'd guess it's something like wearing a "I'm Going to Shake Your Hand If I've Never Met You Before" button. Too obvious (now, try and make sense of THAT one ) in that place, maybe? I'd never heard of it before either Tycho, but then I haven't attended many concerts of artists a second time. But I do plan to wear my SW In Concert sweatshirt to my second time next weekend.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I actually asked other people in San Diego about this - and no one thought it strange to wear a band's T-shirt to their own concert.

It doesn't sound like it's taboo in San Diego.

Not to mention I'm supporting an older album. (American Soldier was last year.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Don't ask your friends if it's okay to wear white after Labor Day, then.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I've never heard that - AND - there were plenty of folks at the concert wearing Queensryche tees.

Are you guys pulling my Mouse Droid?

Explain this to me like I'm 7 years old...er....maybe four years old.
    Just watch the movie PCU and it'll be all clear(er)

Woke up around 9 am, had some breakfast, ran a few errands, then drove out to the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois, and spent the afternoon there with my son. He heads over to his recruiters station Monday afternoon. The next time I see him will be Wednesday evening when he gets sworn into the Navy at the White Sox game, then he's off to boot camp, and I go on prozak.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!