Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    I took 304th out of 15,550 people in the country's 4th largest 10k road race, the Bellin Run in Green Bay. I first signed up on Thursday so I was put in a later starting 'wave' which resulted in me avoiding people for the entire 6.21 miles. I wasted a ton of energy doing that. Had I started in a faster wave (I could have been in the fastst wave) I'm sure my time 41:46 and place would have been better.

p.s. 2-1B and the future Mrs. 2-1B were in the race as well!

Congratulations anyway. You did a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post

p.s. 2-1B and the future Mrs. 2-1B were in the race as well!
    I hope there was a scene where he gave you a bottle of red-flavor Gator-Ade and said, "Take care, Sir."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Some errands (wrong size washers bought from hardware store, as I was looking for the size of the washer itself, not the hole; donated magazines to local library; mailed off a SW package). Tried to go to the newly-opened Sonic in town (the line TO GET INTO THEIR PARKING LOT started at the nearby hotel where the employee was taking orders ) but settled for Chik Fil-A. Watched the US kiss its sister in World Cup match. Read Allies SW novel (so-so book). Enjoyed the cool cloudy weather instead of the warmer temps predicted (no such luck today it appears).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I spent the day working, getting yelled at by a customer for something I had zero control over, then her promptly saying "I wasn't being rude" After that, went to Lowes and picked up new lawnmower blades, with a quick stop at QT for gas and a 69 cent blue raspberry icee/slurpee. Got on the net and vegged once I got home, not a very exciting day.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I hope there was a scene where he gave you a bottle of red-flavor Gator-Ade and said, "Take care, Sir."
    That would have been awesome Tycho!!! But sadly I never even actually saw Mr. -1B yesterday, our contact was limited to text messages.

I took 304th out of 15,550 people in the country's 4th largest 10k road race, the Bellin Run in Green Bay. I first signed up on Thursday so I was put in a later starting 'wave' which resulted in me avoiding people for the entire 6.21 miles. I wasted a ton of energy doing that. Had I started in a faster wave (I could have been in the fastst wave) I'm sure my time 41:46 and place would have been better.
    Well done, Sir !!!

That would have been awesome Tycho!!! But sadly I never even actually saw Mr. -1B yesterday, our contact was limited to text messages.
    Yeah, I'm not much of a runner so we walked it...I LOVE walking and can go for miles and miles and miles...when it comes to running, 2 miles is my limit since I don't enjoy it.

I did get a pic with Jared from Subway, so that was fun.

....and how did you spend your Saturday today, Mr. and Mrs. 2-1B?

Congratulations to you both! May all your years be filled with happiness!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I went to the store and bought some great ground chuck steaks. Portabello mushrooms in them, but it was sooo good! I took a much needed nap, and watched alice in Wonderland with my little sister.
    "Dengar Ewoks!"

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    ....and how did you spend you Saturday today, Mr. and Mrs. 2-1B?

Congratulations to you both! May all your years be filled with happiness!
    Not to speak for them (but I will anways) they had a great time, everything went awesome! The reception was at a very nice place w/ great food. Mrs. 2-1B looked lovely and Mr. 2-1B was quite dapper as well. I don't want to say too much here and steal his thunder so I'll let him handle any further details.