Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    That is a sweet ride! And you see it every Saturday, too. Awesome!

Many years ago, someone locally had a red Gran Torino with the white stripe.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    That is a sweet ride! And you see it every Saturday, too. Awesome!
    I agree with BCJ! Sweeeeet ride!

[FONT=Courier New]Actually, no, that's the first time I've seen it. As I was pulling out of the Andy + Bax parking lot, I saw it and slammed on my brakes so I could grap my phone and snap a pic.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Today, if was chasing a path of history literally being torn away. They're removing a bridge to widen it (only one lane each way, on a main route) which also is along a new bike trail. So they had to close the street while using a crane and other heavy machinery to break it down (including a welder, and the obligatory standing-around workers ). Later, around early evening, I tried to get as far as I could by walking along the trail, but there was nothing to see and no work being done at that time. Did get decent exercise, though.

In between: read, watched a tad of TV, did some SW record keeping and typing, shopping for shrubs, and digital photo organizing. All in all, a prodcutive and positive day!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I ran on Miller Park. Brewers charities has a 5k run walk that goes around the parking lots of the stadium and Miller Park itself. I went in on the right field side, down past first and home and past third and out left field. I ended up 37th out of about 3,000 people so that isn't bad. Especially considering I showed up late and had only 15 minutes to warm up and get ready.

After that I enjoyed some Boston Market (the closest is in Milwaukee which is about 75 min. away) and then later on I worked.

I had a Saturday off. My wife sent me out to pick up some McDonalds for breakfast. Because of the 7+ inches of rain we had in the Chicagoland area Friday night, we had a lot of roads flooded. It took me quite awhile to make it back home. I initially set off by foot to take pictures of some of the flooded roads, then later went out by bike as North avenue, near my house was packed with traffic, since the 290 was closed in several stretches. The picture of the two cars nearly underwater was a picture of just how high the water got in spots on the 290. Other pictures from roadways in my town.

The last picture is some flooding in my back yard from this same storm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1106.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	23383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1111.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	23384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1098.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	23385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1118.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	23386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1078.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	23387  

2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

[FONT=Courier New]I read about the flooding, Bobafrett. Are you and your family okay?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I went to TRU and found the new BIG AT-AT and then I went to Andy+Bax to thank the guy at the knife counter for special ordering my knife which he ended up selling to my wife so she could surprise me on Friday when I got home from work.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Saturday was a state holiday here in Utah, Pioneer Day. I went to my brother's for a BBQ with the family. We also shot off some "Utah-legal" fireworks. On the way home, we passed by the stadium where Real Salt Lake plays their MLS games. Their fireworks were just getting started, so we pulled off the freeway and parked at a gas station and watched. The kids loved it... it was a pretty good show. Utah has pretty strict fireworks laws, so it was nice they got to see some "big" stuff to go along with our small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    The last picture is some flooding in my back yard from this same storm.
    Sorry to hear about the flood Bobafrett, did it get into your place? I have a buddy who lives in Milwaukee and they got hammered with 7+ inches of rain in that same storm and they had a couple of inches of water in their basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I read about the flooding, Bobafrett. Are you and your family okay?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    Yes, everyones good, I'm just glad it didn't happen this upcoming weekend, my son graduates from Navy bootcamp, and with the roads all shut down like they were, it would have made things difficult for those who are going to attend/

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Sorry to hear about the flood Bobafrett, did it get into your place? I have a buddy who lives in Milwaukee and they got hammered with 7+ inches of rain in that same storm and they had a couple of inches of water in their basement.
    Luckily not, we have had an inch or so of water in the basement in the past, but nothing as far as I can tell.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!