Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Got a bit of a late start doing my usual morning shopping. Only Star Wars item I got was the Snowspeeder at Target. Got home around noon. It was a hot day so I was content to stay inside for the rest of the afternoon.

Around 5 PM, I drove to Boulevard Park and walked to Fairhaven to eat at a restaurant called Skylark's. I'd never eaten there before (there are a lot of places in town I've never eaten at before because I rarely go out to eat). I had smoked salmon linguini and a vanilla shake.

After dinner, I stopped by Fairhaven Runners and signed up for a 15K race next month. I've never run this course or raced this distance before, so I won't be too worried that I'm not in shape for it because whatever I do will be a personal best, and give me something to shoot for next year.

After that, I walked back to the park for a free outdoor concert at 7 PM by a band called the Clumsy Lovers. The live show seemed much more energetic than what I've heard on their website.

The weather was nice so it was a beautiful setting for a concert right next to the water. The sun went down a little bit before the end of the show, so that was nice to see. A bit more interesting than my usual Saturday nights.

Sort of stept in (awake by about 6:30am, which for me is LATE). Lesson planned for the upcoming week, and drove to take those materials back to the school... but breaking and entering is frowned upon in education (no keys with me) ; stopped at the bank for a deposit. Used a B&N coupon to save 35% off a SW book, found no new SW figures out. Vegged out the rest of the day with TV and reading. Starting to heat up again, so the dusk outdoor sitting is about the only time I'm outside of my house or car.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I went with my friends to see the Chargers play the Bears.

I also celebrated my cats' birthday and got them both instruction in the ways of the Force by a Jedi Master!

(I knew it! Since Yoda was with my cats that day, it was the one time the Padres lost to San Francisco - our closest division rivals. Jedi Master Yoda is a featured member of the San Diego Padres' bullpen.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020205.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	23492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020207.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	23493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020194.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	23494  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw Jon Stewart interview George Lucas and bring out Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, talked at length with the Hasbro Star Wars team, got several sneak previews of The Clone Wars Season Three and info from Dave Filoni, and saw the Clone Wars voice actors on a panel. So, a pretty typical Saturday.

EDIT: And I posted this at 11:38. Hooray for me!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

No, you posted it at 10:38.

Dork.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So what he told us was true, from a certain point of view. You will find that many of the things we click on depend greatly on our point of view. (d@mn fool, I knew you'd say something like that)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Slept in just a tad. Haircut. Helped Mrs. TI7 most of the afternoon preparing her classroom for the big day on Monday.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Went to Estes Park for the day to enjoy the mountains and the cooler temperatures (along with everyone else in the state of Colorado, apparently). Returned to the 95 degree heat and spent the evening in the pool with Mrs. Solo and the kids. Put them to bed and watched the Lions/Broncos game.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I was unsuprisingly unproductive. Planned this coming week's lessons, graded less work than I should've, read less than I wanted to, watched far too much on TV (although either the Steelers look much better than they did vs. Detroit or the Giants are in for a rough season if Manning is out "for real," and I watched parts of a dull NASCAR race), got dinner out (at a local burgers-and-everything-else place) to bring home. Went to bed late (I blame my lethargy on that darn inanimate captor Telly Vision).