Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Slept in just a bit (work is a bit more taxing since half the unit was laid off a year ago. When my days off come around...I'm tired!). The usual mountain of laundry. Wonderful London broil dinner at my sister-in-laws.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Was in a 1/2 marathon, I've had a cold for nearly a week and I wasn't feeling all that good about how I'd do and lo and behold I ran like crud. If I hadn't pre registered I wouldn't have done the race.

After that the usual. Ate, slept, read, worked.

This past Saturday I took a little trip down to LA. They had tickets to the Hollywood Bowl where John Williams conducted a concert made up of his favorite film scores played to scenes from the movies. Needless to say, I wasn't the only Star Wars fan in the house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-08-28_22-25-23_624.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	23593  
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

The first time I saw a concert at The Bowl was in '99 to see JW, which had quite a few SW fans to hear likely their first live versions of TPM songs. It was awesome. I've been back there, but those shows didn't live up to that first time.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

This Saturday and this Labor Day Weekend are crazy:

Thu - cooking class - and I had planned on going to the last night at the zoo that I thought I'd be free for, but Michelle wanted to make plans.

Fri - I'm going sailing for another battle cruise on the Hawaiian Chieftan (Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek Generations). We're fighting the Californian again. So I'm awake early and getting ready to head down to my ship.

Fri night - The 1st Pace Padres take on the Colorado Rockies.

Sat morning - I drive up to Long Beach (2 hours, plus) to fall-in with my Civil War regiment as we fight the Confederates in one huge battle. I'm hoping to have a staged video shot of me riding with the 6th Cavalry.

Sat night - After a cookout with the men, I'm staying in a hotel room.

Sun morning - it's back on the battlefield to fight again. Those Rebs keep on coming! I'm buying a new rifle as well. Enfield muskets are period appropriate, just that my company didn't carry them for historical accuracy. However, at the distances that most observers of the battle will view us at (keeping out of the line of fire) - no one's going to tell if I carry a lighter rifle.

Sun night - I drive back to San Diego. I love coming home to sleep in my own bed!

Monday - I might have to go back to the Hawaiian Chieftan for another battle cruise if my video footage was not sufficient. If the camera work was good, then I might just go to crew on my ship anyway.

Mon night - it's the Padres vs. the L.A. Dodgers!

Anyway, I should have a lot of pics, but here's one or two from cooking class:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020414.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	23601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020412.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	23602  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I was invited to a friend's place for the first full day of college fooseball about 10am, and stayed until about 7pm. Did a little classwork at home, then tried to sleep.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Prepared for my trip with my son to the Ozarks (leaving tomorrow). Details, details, details!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

took the 3 year old to an airshow. He loved it. We went in a C 130 and when we finally got in the cockpit, rather than being in awe of all the controls, he proceeded to tell the pilot about the "fishies" we caught last week. At least he paid attention when the A-10 and F-18 were flying over.

That's cool Mtriv!

The air show is coming here around October 3rd. I'm planning for it.

I need to post my Civil War battle re-enactment pics in this thread. In a bit of a hurry right now though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.