Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    I packed in quite a bit, now that I look back on it.
    Checked a Target for new vintage SW figs: none.
    Thought I was getting a Big Country breakfast burrito combo (hold the coffee) from Carl's Jr., but after eating about a third of it and tasting no country gravy or sausage, I realized I had been hornswaggled (too late in my mind to ask it be replaced ).
    Got a $5 car wash to support a group at the school in which I teach (and I got exactly a $5 value in the wash ).
    Made just under $5 (I'd call that... a wash! ) in recycling.
    Watched the recorded CW premiere episode.
    Went to a memorial mass for a friend from days gone by.
    Did some banking, plus not enough grading (but I updated my student seating chart).
    Replaced my no-longer-heats-food-but-everything-else-works-fine micrtowave with the small (very small) one I have at work.
    Saw our local minor league baseball team in Game 3 of the best-of-five league championship series; they were up 2-0, then tied at 3 and later at 4, down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th only to force extra innings... where a 5-run 11th low-lighted by a towering grand slam proved to be their downfall ).
    Went to bed late, courtesy of the late ballgame (but caught some of the Betty White SNL rerun before that).
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 09-19-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I recalled more, MORE!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Woke up early, ran an easy 3+ miles, then I put on my coaching hat (its more of a metaphorical hat since I don't wear hats) and went to a college cross country meet. Came home and rested up for todays marathon.

I attended the Thunderboat Hydroplane Challenge races (I'll upload the pics soon) and met with my Civil War Re-enactors unit.

We had a guest speaker talk to us about Nat Turner's Slave Rebellion when 58 whites were being killed during raids from home to home and Turner raised an army to fight Virginia's National Guard (state militia at that time). They set out to execute or lynch any blacks they could find and over 200 were killed when the Federal governent had to intervene and end this little war.

Disgruntled citizen-soldiers who were dismissed then helped to establish what would become the KKK in its earliest form.

John Brown became inspired by this conflict to begin his violent abolishionist revolt that cumulated in the Massacre at Harper's Ferry only a few years later.

Then the Civil War began with President Lincoln's election and the South's summary secession.

A video of another one of the battles I fought in was just posted here!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

got up around 8, cleaned the house, worked in the back yard, and then did some sketching 9working on my portfolio...(my wife wants me to enter the show Work of Art and they are having tryouts on the 25th of September in NY) then attended a classic car show in my town (more inspiration for the portfolio) then finally ended the night with a dip in the hot tub and sleep.

then Sunday was more sketching and spent the day at our town's festival and ended with family dinner.

busy weekend
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Breakfast out (actually got the Big Country burrito I ordered at Carl's Jr. this time), did some banking (the teller was fairly confused, though), dropped off recycling (over $5) and hazardous waste. Was the doorman for my mom's Avon open house event. Tried to grade, but good college football on TV made that tough. Got Chinese out for din-din. Went to...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Spent the day taking in that fact that I've hit my 25th anniversary at work.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Woke up 'early' ie. when I'd typically get up for work, went to a cross country meet (wished I would have signed up to run in the 'open' race). Went out to eat with the team on the way home, napped, then went to work.

Last evening's car warning light meant heading to get my power steering fixed (not as long as I figured it'd be, and it was warranty covered anyway ). Mailed off my overseas coupons to Slicker's former military base. Watched too much TV (movie channels, sports), and graded not enough student work.

Ran the open race at my former high school's annual cross country invitational. This year it was at 9 AM before all the school races rather than in the afternoon after they are done. That worked out well as it meant I wasn't standing or running around watching the other races beforehand, and less time to get nervous.

I did okay. I was hoping to break 20 minutes, but just missed with 20:06. It was 31 seconds faster than last year though. The race is a bit short of 3 miles, but given the uneven terrain, it might as well be a 3 mile race. I did the first 3 miles of a 15K last month in 20 minutes, assuming the markers were accurately placed. However, that was on the roads, with the 3rd mile having some downhill. The cross country course, on the other hand, has some pretty lumpy stretches of grass, and it just seems to sap the energy out of me. It certainly is a course that reveals lack of fitness. I never had much trouble with it in high school, but ever since then, it has been quite challenging for me.

I recall the first year I did this open race in 1994, I ran 17:37 and felt terrible. Two or three weeks later I did a 5K cross country race that preceded the local college invitational meet. I ran the same time, but it felt so much easier.

I've been running a bit more lately, so hopefully this will be a first step to getting back in better racing shape. After the race, it seemed that I was able to go down much further doing the hurdler's stretch than I have in quite some time.

Completed my Star Wars fingerboard set from McDonalds. Requested several free samples of women's makeup and perfume.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection