Page 69 of 146 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
    Got very little grading done, but that's what tomorrows are for, right? Watched some college football on the TV. Ate lunch at a DQ store that perhaps did 40% of its daily revenue with my order. Went to a small local amusement park, mainly played 2 rounds of miniture golf (6-under par on course 1, 5-under on the 2nd and just lipped out a chance at a free game on #18 ). Found (shockingly) a correct-half-size-for-me US flag style pair of Chuck Taylors for under $20, plus a few CW trading cards packs. Ate dinner at Claim Jumper, and took home for leftovers a tad less than half of the entire order. Slept poorly, but am awake now; ta dah!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Watched the Hokies beat Duke in football and then drove to Baltimore and emceed the outstanding young marylander program for the Maryland Jaycees. All in all a very fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Bought a GPS watch and tested it out on a four mile run. Kind of cool to upload it on the computer and see my route and splits.
    I presume a Garmin? Which model?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I presume a Garmin? Which model?
    Forerunner 110. I didn't research much beforehand. My Ironman is about to die, and I wanted something new. I ended up getting another Ironman as well to wear everyday.

The 110 is okay. I like being able to upload it onto the computer and see all the data. It appears that is the only way to view it, as the watch will only show the summary (time, distance, pace), unless I am missing something. The desktop software seems better for viewing the splits, but the online software was better for viewing the maps. I don't know if the PC desktop software is better then the Mac version I have or not. One complaint I have is that is doesn't appear to show cumulative time after each split.

Denver had its annual Zombie Crawl yesterday. I went with some friends to shoot footage; I'll edit it throughout the week and hopefully end up with a funny video.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Ended up working a good portion of the day on my basement, which is where the Man Cave is located, so lets just say, I was working on orginizing my Man Cave.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Forerunner 110. I didn't research much beforehand. My Ironman is about to die, and I wanted something new. I ended up getting another Ironman as well to wear everyday.

The 110 is okay. I like being able to upload it onto the computer and see all the data. It appears that is the only way to view it, as the watch will only show the summary (time, distance, pace), unless I am missing something. The desktop software seems better for viewing the splits, but the online software was better for viewing the maps. I don't know if the PC desktop software is better then the Mac version I have or not. One complaint I have is that is doesn't appear to show cumulative time after each split.
    I bought a(n old) 110 as well a couple of months ago. Its pretty big but I quickly got used to having a computer screen on my wrist. You should be able to cycle through and pick what you want to display. But to be honest I haven't much played around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I bought a(n old) 110 as well a couple of months ago. Its pretty big but I quickly got used to having a computer screen on my wrist. You should be able to cycle through and pick what you want to display. But to be honest I haven't much played around with it.
    I just looked on a website with some reviews, and it seems that I am correct in that you can't view splits. When I bring up the history, I can only move between workouts, not show any splits.

Halloween is around the corner! Quick, hide the candy from the skeleton king!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.