Page 91 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1464
  1. #901
    Slept in until 7:30 Went to drop off recycling (talked with the guy there, and a co-worker showed up after) and do banking thingies. Graded some, watched the first big college football day games some, typed on the keyboard some. Installed the BluRay player, in anticipation of some indie flick release in a few weeks or so.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  2. #902
    Took 4th with a 88 second pr in a half marathon. Other then the usual, relaxing that was about it.

  3. #903
    A full schedule; gone are the days of lethargy and inefficency.

    Loaded up mom's car to help her set up for her first time at a community yard sale-type thing; glad the cloudy weather kept it cooler. Dropped off recycling, then picked up and typed in some stuff I forgot from the school... where every single human being in the area had converged (youth soccer, freshman team football game, volleyball in the gym, benefit car wash in one parking lot, tennis practice). Called my dad, since it's now NFL point spreads time again. Went to help mom pack up her stuff, only to discover the volunteers already did that for her; way to go, youth of today! Watched just a tad of college foosball, did quite a bit of grading (including some squint-so-you-can't-see-no-more test results analysis) but not all. Went to sleep very tired (a good thing, I suppose).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  4. #904
    I'm on call, so I had to stick by the phone (translation: spent the time being domestic here at stately Wayne Manor). Kept an eye on the wild fires in the foothills to the east of me as well as the fields of dry grass at the end of my neighborhood. Multiple lightning strikes has set my county ablaze!

    Also discovered some interesting family history online. Still working on that...
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

  5. #905
    I went and watched a high school cross country invitational. It wasn't far from my house, so I walked there. They also had an open race after the high school races, so I entered that. Since I didn't want to wear a hat during my run, and didn't want to leave it sitting around (though I could have left it with the team my brother coaches), I just didn't wear a hat at all. It was a hot day without a cloud in the sky, so now my head is a bit red. As for the race, it was only 2 miles. The first and third half miles are mostly flat and downhill, while the second and fourth half miles contained most of the uphills. Thus, my splits were like 2:47/3:19/2:55/3:33 for a total of 12:34.

    Afterwards, I had a nice afternoon and evening with a lady friend of mine. We played a couple games of cribbage, ate dinner, and watched a movie. She wanted me to see Pee Wee's Big Adventure since I had never seen it before, and it happened to be available on demand on Comcast, so we didn't have to go down to the video store to pick it up.

  6. #906
    Not bad times there MSP.

    As for myself I help coach cross country at a (very) small local catholic college and we had our first meet of the year. All in all it went pretty good, a few suprises (the good way) and maybe a disapointment or two as well. After I got home I ran not quite 10 miles then pretty much called it a day at that point.

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Not bad times there MSP.

    As for myself I help coach cross country at a (very) small local catholic college and we had our first meet of the year. All in all it went pretty good, a few suprises (the good way) and maybe a disapointment or two as well. After I got home I ran not quite 10 miles then pretty much called it a day at that point.
    My brother coaches at a Christian high school. His boys team doesn't have a standout this year, but there is a good group of runners that were pretty close together. So, if they all improve together, they could do well. He has one top runner on the girls side who should do well again this year.

    For me, I almost didn't run the race because of the issue I have been having in and around my achilles. It was fine during the race, but now it is worse again. Hopefully I can run enough between now and the end of the month so that I am able to get through the annual cross country race at my old high school course.

  8. #908
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    My brother coaches at a Christian high school. His boys team doesn't have a standout this year, but there is a good group of runners that were pretty close together. So, if they all improve together, they could do well. He has one top runner on the girls side who should do well again this year.
    That kinda sounds like the team that I have, while nobody is great they A) all get along and B) they listen to Coach JJB and do what he says so I'll take that.

    In the spring I coach the distance runners at my high school alma matter which is a Catholic school. There were a couple of freshmen last year who could be pretty good by the time they are seniors, hopefully they stick with it.

  9. #909
    Slept in some. Did a little grading (the easy stuff), lesson planning, and new seating chart creating. Cleaned out my "collectible" orange soda can collection (see below for some pics), that will be turned into $.05 each as recycling soon. Talked to my dad on the phone; asked him about the local concerns over that terrible air show plane crach in Reno. Went to lunch, free courtesy of Chick Fil-A's appreciation of educators, and a few stores (grocery, retail). Finished a great new book I'd checked out from the library. Watched most of my college sports teams lose badly on TV.

    [edit] Helps if you attach photos if you say you will...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange 9-17-11c.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	25391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange 9-17-11k.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	25392  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Slept in some. Did a little grading (the easy stuff), lesson planning, and new seating chart creating. Cleaned out my "collectible" orange soda can collection (see below for some pics), that will be turned into $.05 each as recycling soon. Talked to my dad on the phone; asked him about the local concerns over that terrible air show plane crach in Reno. Went to lunch, free courtesy of Chick Fil-A's appreciation of educators, and a few stores (grocery, retail). Finished a great new book I'd checked out from the library. Watched most of my college sports teams lose badly on TV.

    [edit] Helps if you attach photos if you say you will...
    Hey, you even have socks to match.

    Did a bit of shopping. Got a few Clone Wars figures. Went to Best Buy and picked up the Star Wars Complete Saga on Blu-Ray, along with a Blu-Ray player ($20 off for getting the two together). Also picked up an extra phone handset for my mom that we had ordered online.

    After that, I stopped by my mom's and picked her up and we went to my uncle's house. His wife had passed away on Labor Day, so this was a memorial gathering.

    Right now, I am in the process of hooking up my Blu-Ray player.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO