Page 94 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
    Hair cut. Laundry. Grocery shopping. Grilled steak and lobster for dinner.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Friday on the way home from work, I stopped at Costco and got a pork shoulder. I came home and put a nice dry barbeque rub on it and stuck it in the oven at 200 F until about 3:00PM Saturday. I took it out of the oven and stuck it in my smoker with some hickory chips and left it for another 2 hours. It practically fell apart when the fork touched it. Between that and the chocolate cake I made, some cole slaw, mac and cheese, fresh green beans from the garden and a Hokie win over Miami, we had a good birthday celebration for my brother and I. We all had fun playing with the kids. I have to admit, the 15 month old is a LOT more fun to play with now than he was a year ago (but don't tell him that.) Also got the yard mowed (which was a major chore since we've had a ton of rain recently and I've got an acre to mow.)

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Friday on the way home from work, I stopped at Costco and got a pork shoulder. I came home and put a nice dry barbeque rub on it and stuck it in the oven at 200 F until about 3:00PM Saturday. I took it out of the oven and stuck it in my smoker with some hickory chips and left it for another 2 hours. It practically fell apart when the fork touched it. Between that and the chocolate cake I made, some cole slaw, mac and cheese, fresh green beans from the garden and a Hokie win over Miami, we had a good birthday celebration for my brother and I. We all had fun playing with the kids. I have to admit, the 15 month old is a LOT more fun to play with now than he was a year ago (but don't tell him that.) Also got the yard mowed (which was a major chore since we've had a ton of rain recently and I've got an acre to mow.)
    I wonder how many calories are in this post (yum!)

Sounds like some good eating there Mtriv73!

Myself: cross country meet and work were the big ones.

I'd say at least 50,000. (It was a huge shoulder roast and a big cake.) Luckily most are still in the fridge as leftovers.

Tried (semi-unsuccessfully) to sleep in. Did the usual recycling (but only netted $3 this time). Picked up mom from her oil change appointment, went to mid-breakfast and did a little errand running. Graded all my "had-to" work and planned lessons. Watched various sports on the tube. Ended the day reading a new book I bought, and I will likely finish it today sometime.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Besides the usual domestic chores, I spent quite a bit of time scanning some photos of my uncle (my dad's little brother), who died recently, for my cousins from our family album. I also uncovered another family album of my dad's that I hadn't seen before. Lots of unidentified photos in it. Sucks that my parents are no longer around to help out with the mysteries. Ended the night going to a benefit concert with Mrs. TI7 for our local Sheriff's Activity League (which helps at-risk kids) featuring our local news media as performers. Surprisingly good in general; with a couple of newsies being astonishingly talented.

Final cross country meet of the season at the Wisconsin Private Schools Championship, a 4ish hour drive home then, a little tv. a quick nap and then sweet sweet sleep.

In the morning, previewed the course for next week's trail half marathon that I will be doing. Did about 9 miles of it. I've not raced that far since 1990, and the 9 miles is the longest I have run since a 15K last year. There will be some difficult hills, single track trails up and down switchbacks. I'll be happy to just run 8 minute pace.

In the evening, went to dinner at my lady friend's house with her family. After that, we watched a movie and played some games. Good times.

Went to my 20 year highs school reunion and worked on the talk I have to give in Seattle next week