Page 95 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
    Drove out to the Phoenix area to see the Steelers play the Cardinals on Sunday, and met up with my uncle, who lives in AZ. Since there are no Cracker Barrell restaurants in CA, and the fact that there was one right across and down the street from the hotel, it was a no-brainer where I wanted to eat dinner.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Since there are no Cracker Barrell restaurants in CA, and the fact that there was one right across and down the street from the hotel, it was a no-brainer where I wanted to eat dinner.
    What's up with that, anyway? T'ain't fair!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Went to a sectional cc meet and went to the library. Other then watching a terriable Badger game that is about it.

I did a rather difficult trail half marathon. I was hoping for 8 minute pace, but I started a bit too fast, and fell behind pace during the hilly portion, but miles 5-8 were much better and that put me under my goal pace. I was still under at 9 miles, but then got to the hills again and had to walk a fair amount of that. Ended up with 8:18 pace, 36th out of 255 and 8th in the 40-49 age group. Okay considering I hadn't put in the sort of mileage to race that distance, and hadn't run that far in 7 years or raced that far since 1990.

Busted up a chiffarobe, er, an old wooden workbench. I found out it was here when the house was bought (makes it over 33 years old then), and we kept it in the garage for many of those years, then moved it outdoors. When I cut it up yesterday, some of the pieces were basically hollow (we had the house tented for termites a few years back, and I think this thing was a summer vacation spot for them, I guess).
    Tried to help my mom get a package that was goofed up, from the UPS office directly; denied! Have to wait until Monday.
    Got all my grading done, and most of my lesson planning for the upcoming week. After a week or so of limited assignments (due to larger projects being worked on), this week will be bad: 3 classes of research project binders and presentations, one class completely changing its work focus, several small assignments in the fifth class.
    Did a little reading; am just two chapters from finishing a Steinbeck tome.
    Watched quite a bit of college football, and there were some great games on, even those I don't support or care much about. And those ice and snow ones; wacky!
    Got both less and more than what I ordered from KFC for dinner: 8 piece meal had no legs and extra wings, no biscuits, a non-bacon Cheesy Bacon Bowl; was also given too much change (returned the extra coins) after originally being overcharged for all items (manager fixed the costs) by about $6. After cming home and realizing the errors, went back to complain, got a new 8 piece (with 4 as legs, no wings), the biscuits, and a new bacon bowl. We could not finish all of that, obviously, but now there's lunch for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Busted up a chiffarobe...
    Using only one arm?

Completed the usual domestic chores, ran some errands with Mrs. TI7, which included me purchasing some new boots for work. Hopefully they will be the last pair of my career :fingers crossed:

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Using only one arm?
    Because I felt right sorry, sir. (nice literary pick up there, TI)

Started a little early:
    - dropped off $6 in recycling, bought a few items at the stores(s), did some banking
    - went to a pancake breakfast fundraiser at a local Applebee's (after it took me a few minutes to find the "entrance," as they blocked off the front door; this was before they "officially" opened for business)
    - went up to the school to finish grading stuff I didn't want to bring home with me
    - watched TV, mainly the standard Saturday afternoon football
    - went to one sandwich place for dinner (far too busy, to the point that the drive-thru line was blocking the various aisles of the parking lot and the fact that there were no open tables) so settled on Wendy's
    - saw a community theater play
    - changed clocks before turning in for the night

Went to a golf course for giants. Later, went out to dinner with Mrs. TI7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0034 copy.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	25564