Page 97 of 146 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
    Gym in the morning-- chest, triceps, abs and cardio as always on Saturday. Cleaned the house. Went to a comfort food party.

The host, Jennifer, made macaroni & cheese based off the old Rocky River Brewing Company recipe (we dissected it one evening and made the recipe) – 5 cheeses, Andouille sausage, caramelised red onion, roasted garlic and roasted red peppers.

My partner and I made 1770 House Meatloaf (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/1...ipe/index.html)

Our friend Laura and her husband made a sweet potato soup with curry and lime.

The lesbians “made” mashed potatoes (the microwave kind in the paper tray).

Our friend Debbie (useless in the kitchen) brought tater tots with spicy ketchup (in a bottle), cheese sauce (that immediately hardened ‘cos she didn’t put enough milk into the Velveeta – d’oh!) and I made her a garlic and rosemary mayo from scratch (LOL you can see who cooks in this group and who does not).

Our friend Penny, a skilled pastry chef, made a cheesecake that was topped with strawberries soaked in Cointreau.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I did a lot, but somehow didn't do a lot. Dropped off recycling, did some banking, helped mom around town (she had a fall this week and can't drive herself), went to lunch, read some (after going to the libraries to find said books), watched football in the evening (some really good games on).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Made pumpkin pancakes (it was a let down), went to the NCAA Division III cross county national championships, did some bumming around, went to my local Planet Fitness: banged out 4 miles on the treadmill, some pushups then home to tv and reading.

Slept in, did the newspaper crossword, watched the Michigan/Ohio State game, went and did some traveling to stores (didn't find much worthy of buying, really), finished reading a book, watched junk on TV, had still-good-tasting leftovers for dinner.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Slept in, made breakfast, picked up some new running shoes, saw the new Muppet flick and went to eat for my bro in laws birthday.

I seem to have this "sleep in" thing down now! Dropped off a few recyclables and some work back at school. Put up the outdoor lights (with few injuries and pains ). A little shopping out and about, lunch out (which resulted in some good offers earned, too), banking. Finished the easy grading, planned most of the week's lessons. Watched a little TV. Zonk.

Got first in my age group in a 5K race. Time was only 19:03, but the course had a couple good hills, and I ran that time for a 3 mile race a couple months ago. I'm looking forward to improving my times more in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Got first in my age group in a 5K race. Time was only 19:03, but the course had a couple good hills, and I ran that time for a 3 mile race a couple months ago. I'm looking forward to improving my times more in 2012.
    How about running a marathon in NE Wisconsin in June? Myself and a couple of other guys are looking into putting together a race this summer. Yeah crazy I know!

As for my Saturday I ran and did some race research.

Got started late, because I helped to put together the end-of-the-year what-we-did letter (it's often set to parody some Christmas song or some other style piece), which was odd because I was (unintentionally) up early and saw the lunar eclipse. Recycling a tad, shopping a lot (actually am closer to being finished). Graded into the night.

Mrs. TI7 and I spent a wonderful evening with some friends catching up by playing cards and just enjoying plain ol' conversation. We all were playing hooky from the daily responsibilities of our respective families (long story there for all of us) and it was nice to get away if for only a few hours. It was nice having "grown-ups only" night and not dealing with any drama at home.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!