Page 103 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1395
    On my way to drop off recycling (which put me cents from $270- this school year) and a school car wash fund raiser, I spent over a half an hour talking with a neighbor I hadn't spoken with in some time. Got quite a bit of grading & lesson planning done, watched a few games on TV, surfed a tad online. Gave my mom her Mom's Day gift since she HAS TO GO IN TO WORK ON MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow (it's today as I type this). But went to bed relaxed for the first time in ages.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Since our son came home from OU last Sunday, we've been hosting family and his entourage who have been celebrating his return. Also went shopping for his birthday present with him (it's later this month). Grandparents, mom&dad, and selected friends went to dinner tonight at Eureka! Burger, a new franchise to hit town (what a minor disaster!) to cap off the evening.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Went to the annual "Cola and Cram" study session at the high school, even though there's seldom requests for English help. Went over $280 in school yearly recycling, with half a week to go (doubtful I'll reach $300). Bought a SW book with a B&N coupon. Saw an actual Star Wars figure in a store; not only would I consider buying it, but that I did so. Drove out to the Shakespeare Festival to see Much Ado About Nothing with some colleagues from school; brought the sandwiches that no one else ate. Very funny play.

Ran, watched my nephew's soccer game and generally relaxed with today Cellcom Green Bay Marathon being on my mind.

I have been exhausted.

With my gunfighter gang I did the carpentry work to set up the Old West town - the sheriff's office, the jail, the bank, the brothel, the hotel, the saloon, and the general store and livery.

Then I raced home (an hour's drive) for the Angels vs. the Padres in interleague.

Then I drove back for an hour (inland California) on Saturday to fight the lawmen and their deputies, rob the bank, (I shot 6 men and winged another - and got killed TWICE myself), and then make my escape to drive back to San Diego for a Padres victory over the Angels (these are my 2 favorite NL and AL hometown teams, ya know!).

And then I woke up early for team picture day and breakfast at the Padres' ballpark that I share every Sunday homegame with some of the VIPs, followed by meeting my very first childhood girlfriend, whom I invited to see my old hometown team play against in San Diego. She was literally the girl next door in my formative years and played ball with me on the home town block when I was just starting in Little League all those years back (she knew me since I was 5!)

So the Padres won, taking 2 out of 3! Wow! (my loyalties were torn) but we went 13 innings on Sunday! What a day!

I got a phone number and a date with one of the Padres' Girls (we've actually hung out before) and I'm going to try and stay home most of this week and work on my book.

There's another big gunfighter show for Memorial Day Weekend next week. I had actually wanted to be in Chicago and seeing the Padres play at Wrigley Field taking along BobaFrett, his wife, and my high school girlfriend from when I lived in the Chicago area, but that will have to wait, as the budget is getting strained on account of my investment in the work I'm doing with my novelist career (and nothing's published yet). So I've got my week planned out for me for sure!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Slept in some (just after 6am is LATE for me), did the good ol' crossword, put away some "stuff" that's been laying around for days (paperwork, clean clothes, towels, etc.). Headed out to see a movie, did a little shopping, got gasoline, then on to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (those in the SoCal area have likely gone there for dinner on a Knott's Berry Farm trip). After that, with a full belly, it was lethagy central: watched the end of the Boston/Philly b-ball game 7, read a little, surfed the world. Zonk.

Spent most of the day looking after one of my dachshunds who is having neck/back (orthopedic) problems. Quite a challenge to keep her still per the vet's orders. In the evening family and friends went to our favorite Japanese restaurant to celebrate our son's 23rd birthday (which is tomorrow, actually). In between, haven't done too much else but decompressed after a bad week at the office (won't offer any details).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

One Saturday morning, as he awoke from uneasy dreams, Bel-Cam Samsa found he had been transformed into a... person who was now not asleep. No recycling for likely the rest of the summer. Did a little errand-running. Once at home, switched between the NBA and NHL playoff games. Read a little, too.