Page 107 of 139 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1390
    I spent a fun-filled, action-packed day helping Mrs. TI7 set up her classroom for the upcoming school year. I'm all a-quiver with anticipation to do same today!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The Padres fans from my seating section had a party for watching the game on TV while the Friars took on the Pirates in Pittsburgh.

Jason Marquis completed his whole game, pitching a shut-out, that was only a 2-hitter. It was an amazing performance!

I had great steak slider burgers and white-cake flavored ice cream with marshmellows and chocoate chips for desert.

I drank 1 New Castle.

Today I will try to lose 3 lbs I gained during all of that.

This is why I don't regularly drink beer or order ice cream. But it sure was the perfect occasion to have some fun and do it one time, anyway.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Celebrated my oldest sons 5th birthday a few days early so the family could come into town and celebrate with us. Found a really good dry rub and put it on a couple chickens and some unbelievably lean ribs. Slow cooked the above at 200F for about 4 hours and then threw them in the smoker for an additional 2 hours. They came out fantastic. I also made him baked beans (another of his favorites,) my wife made Mac and cheese, and grandma brought over a loaf of fresh bread she'd made. To top it all off, I made up a cake with more of his favorites in it. I started with a really moist chocolate cake, a thick layer of chocolate/(decaf) espresso ganache with a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream all sitting on a large chocolate chip cookie. Needless to say I cut the slices as thin as possible when it came time to eat that calorie bomb. All of this was of course completely lost on a 5 year old who would have appreciated fish sticks from tehe toaster oven just as much, but we all had a good meal.

Why wasn't I invited to this party?

I could contribute by eating the food
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Why wasn't I invited to this party?

I could contribute by eating the food
    Next year for sure. It's only a 3000 mile drive after all.

Tried to enjoy the last weekend of "live" Olympics coverage on TV, as well as the coolness of indoor a/c.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I spent many, many hours (again) in Mrs. TI7's classroom preparing for Monday's Attack of the 3rd Graders!

Also know as Close Encounters of the Third Grade Kind.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Got out of bed after 7:00. More recycling (but when I got home, I realized I had forgotten a bag; more for next time I guess). Was invited to a thank-you picnic for a nurses' organization (celebrating 60 years) for lunch. Fruitless shopping for a better auto shade for my car. Came home, but was just sapped from being out in the heat, and vegged the rest of the day. Tried to grade or lesson plan, but wasn't too successful.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Ran 15 miles, went down to Milwaukee with a buddy where we went to an outdoor camping type place (REI).