Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1464
    Did a little bit of laundry but mainly convalesced. I'm nursing a face full of stitches again from skin cancer surgery. Thankfully, no melanoma this time. (That little episode really sucked!).

The fun of growing up sunny SoCal!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Waking up several times in the night meant getting out of bed at 5:30 became "sleeping in." Recycling netted me over ten bucks, then I took advantage of some deals and coupons to get some clothes for school (yeah, four weeks into the school year?). Graded some, watched a little football. Went to linner at Olive Garden, then got sucked into some 9/11 shows until about 10pm or so.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

A bit of a Saturday: spent 2 hours taking care of my grandpa in the late morning, then picked up my niece, took her shopping for the evening's meal, hung out at my place playing video games and setting up her new cellphone until my sister got off work, then we marinated the steaks for a few hours while we went swimming from 6pm to 10:45pm. Around 9 my sis was kind enough to throw down the steaks and corn and green onions, I brought down the potato salad and onion dip and drinks, we ate in the bbq gazebo and some raccoons got fairly brave - my niece is nearly 15 but never been camping and got a little nervous. We finished that up with more swimming and then Thrifty-brand chocolate malted krunch. It was a pretty great Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Ran a 15K race this morning. I was hoping to at least beat the 67:26 I ran in this race in 2010, but figured I should be able to run 65:00, and if things went well, then maybe 62:00. I kept telling myself that I was going to run conservative, but I got caught up in the pace, and was running 6:25 mile pace through 3 miles. I kept expecting to hit the wall hard, but other than the two hills in the second half of the race, I maintained a pretty good pace. I ended up running 61:42, so I was quite happy with that. The only downer was that I thought it would be good enough for a top 3 finish in my age group. Last year it would have place 3rd, and it would have been good for 2nd in 2010. This year it was only good for 6th.
    Um, still sounds pretty boss to me. Unless there were only 6 people in your age group, sounds like you did pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Did a little bit of laundry but mainly convalesced. I'm nursing a face full of stitches again from skin cancer surgery. Thankfully, no melanoma this time. (That little episode really sucked!).

The fun of growing up sunny SoCal!
    Sorry to hear you had to go through that, but glad you're clear now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Dad got married this past Saturday. I was in attendance at the ceremony. Then we went to the reception, where we ate, drank and danced!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    My Dad got married this past Saturday. I was in attendance at the ceremony. Then we went to the reception, where we ate, drank and danced!
    Did you show the party goers (and Chuck Berry's relative) how great rock 'n roll can be? Well, their kids are gonna love it. :backtothefuture:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

That's great Barry!

I'll have to tell him congratulations.

Well in the meanwhile, I needed money for Star Wars figures.

So I robbed the stagecoach and murdered a few people for money. Also won some at poker. A guy called me out as a cheater so I killed him, too.

Then the sheriff got out after me and we met for a gun battle in the streets!

My gunfighter gang took home a lot of rewards from the action we saw on Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0b.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	26614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030185a.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	26615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030185.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	26616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E_RODEO_0909c_3LE0QIKF1.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	26617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poker.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	26618
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to go through that, but glad you're clear now.
    Thank, JT! Stitches out yesterday, no Harry Potter scar, and official word from the lab is that my doc got all of the nastiness!

Slept in a tad (which in space talk is about a million blinks), dropped off recycling and went to a car wash fundraiser (after returning home to get the ticket I left on the table ). Graded a bunch, watched my college football teams win, watched a DVR'd Lewis Black routine over dinner. Basically stayed indoors since it was heavy hot outdoors.

Chauffeured Mrs. TI7 round on errands, during which we were momentarily surrounded by a police pursuit on the freeway (the suspect ended up being a Scooby Snack at its termination. Moral: don't resist the coppers or their land sharks). My car got a bath as well but no fund raising involved. Laundry. Dinner out with Mrs. TI7 because it was payday from my second job.

I fractured my arm at my 2nd Cavalry west wars re-enactment. (Just post-Civil War "Hell on Wheels" era.)

They were filming for a movie with a director from Star Trek (DS9 and Voyager) too.

I was coming in for a rescue with the cavalry as we took on (ironically) members from my own gunfighter club who were holding up the train.

We had to shoot and hop on the train, catching it as it moved by and then draw swords and fight the hijackers on board.

It so happened that I was in practice working with the entire cast on both sides!

My San Diego Civil War Roundtable also gave a presentation (in the air conditioning, thankfully) about the history of the steam engine and famous hold-ups from Harper's Ferry to Jesse James. The history club provided great food and drink for all.

But I had to go and get the arm x-rayed after we wrapped for the day and my a/c went out in my truck - like exactly 1 week and 2 days after the first year garaunteed items on the warranty expired of course.

I'm on a good dosage of pain killer medacine for my arm (fractured - not broken) but I fell hard on my left because my gun is worn on my right and I didn't want to risk a tumble there and have it go off accidentally shooting myself in the leg. That would have been worse.

But my cat is still sick and I have to take her to the veterinarian's again - with only one good arm for help.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.