Page 123 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1492
    A few domestic chores then birthday dinner with family and friends for my son at his favorite Japanese restaurant. His birthday was actually last Tuesday but we deferred until the week end. Bitter sweet since he will be leaving in a mere few days to return to his home in Oklahoma to start summer school and look for that elusive student job.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Shopping for another car, mine requires a lot of work unfortunately and the value in fixing it all doesn't make financial sense.

Helping my mom and her husband find a condo, drove them to a few, didn't go great.

Moved the family cell service from Sprint to Verizon, we each picked up the new Galaxy S4 - would have done that at Sprint but their service is abominable after years of giving them a chance.

Hung out with my sister in the evening.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ran errands in the heat so Mrs. TI7 wouldn't have to (we topped out at 107º, tying the record for the day), made gabacho tacos for dinner, watched Life of Pi. afterwards.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Went to the Barnes and Noble in Green Bay for a book signing by Jim Gaffigan, I met 2-1B so we got to hang out for a bit which was nice. I asked Jim if he had any "Holiday Hawk" to drink but he didn't get it (it was a reference to a soda commercial he did years ago), later after the signing I asked again and he said he remembered.

I'm part of a group that started a marathon in my hometown and this past Sunday was the race. So my Saturday was spent handing out race numbers, giving directions, talking to some really cool people, hanging direction arrows amongst other race related things.

This most recent Saturday had my mom and I at Zion National Park. Got there about 9am, took their shuttle (you can't drive through the Scenic Route yourself anymore, which is a good thing as far as parking or traffic is concerned) to the last stop, working our way "down" the park route. Check out the pictures (only a very small sample of what I took). It was hot (about 95, IIRC), so frequent stops to rest was not only welcomed but necessary. Ate dinner at a cool restaurant (I ordered the buffalo meatloaf, which was amazingly tasty), drove the 30+ miles back to the hotel to get ready for the drive to Las Vegas on Sunday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8652.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	27630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8688.jpg 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	27629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8586.jpg 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	27628  
    "That's what Sheev said."

Very cool jaunt to Zion National Park, I kinda want to replicate it. Keen pictures too. Buffalo meatloaf, I like buffalo jerky from Trader Joe's but seems like meatloaf is an odd application for such a relatively unconventional meat, glad to hear it was good.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Very cool jaunt to Zion National Park, I kinda want to replicate it. Keen pictures too.
    Actually, that was day 16 of an 18-day summer road trip. But I was surprised to learn that Zion's only about a long day's drive from here (just two hours past Vegas). I'll post other shots in various threads here, as I get them organized better.

Ah, I see. Well, I don't want to replicate an 18-day road trip, especially not through the Mojave into Nevada and the other western states in the beginning of summer, I put in enough time with that sort of misery when I was a boy scout.

Still, a trip to Zion sounds nice, and only a day's drive (7 hours from LA) seems reasonable... in not the summer.

The start of the trip was in "hot" states (CA to AZ to NM), then a turn north into temperate states (CO to NE to SD to WY). Back into "hot" ones (UT to NV) before a return to CA. Almost no rain (cue Blind Melon), more wind, and we avoided the CO wildfires and evacuations by a day (actually saw the start of one along the way north).