Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1471
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Drove down to Milwaukee for a 5k that takes place in/around Miller Park that features the racing sausages. After that I bought some new running kicks, then hung out with a buddy of mine and his oldest son. I tagged along as they did some running around and then we hit up Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. After they went home I did some more running around in Mke then drove home, showered, ate and then worked about 5 hours.
    How did you do in the race? I've been kind of dealing with some pains that have limited my running quite a bit the last 3 months. I'm starting to get back into it now, and have done the first two races in a series of summer cross country races on Thursday nights. I did 12:44 for a 2 mile course and 16:06 for a 2.5 mile course. Don't know if they were accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I am. This week will be a 5K and I hope to feel better and run better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    My longest road trip day this summer was Rapid City to Salt Lake City; over 700 miles, but thankfully, no weather issues. Longest ever in one day? Texarkana, AR to El Paso, TX: about 900 miles.
    My longest segment ever driven was Amarillo, TX back home to Bakersdust, CA: 1100 miles. I will NEVER do that again!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My longest segment ever driven was Amarillo, TX back home to Bakersdust, CA: 1100 miles. I will NEVER do that again!
    But what if you'd have added 38 miles to it...?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    How did you do in the race? I've been kind of dealing with some pains that have limited my running quite a bit the last 3 months. I'm starting to get back into it now, and have done the first two races in a series of summer cross country races on Thursday nights. I did 12:44 for a 2 mile course and 16:06 for a 2.5 mile course. Don't know if they were accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I am. This week will be a 5K and I hope to feel better and run better.
    I had some knee problems from late last August until May, so I've only been really running running the last couple of months. I've been taking it slow, trying to build things back up. My 'plan' was for 7 minute miles and I was a hair under that in 21:39. But I've realized that I've been taking it easy because I've been scared to really push it with the fear of hurting my knee (again). So I'm going to do some more races and really work on pushing myself out of that comfort zone (something I had no problem with in the past). In fact today I did 5 X 800 with times between 3:13-3:07 and I'm really pleased with that. I'm aiming for my next marathon to be in May where I will (finally) qualify for Boston.

Those are some decent times yourself MSP. Nice work!

I was at Comic Con.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Slept in until 8am. Read in a couple books (finished one). Went jogging/walking/running with a friend who's prepping for a 5K/half marathon weekend in a month or so; then talked at said friend's for a couple hours. Came home for a later dinner, TV, gotahbed.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Ran 13.1, Subway'd, farmers market, ate again, napped, watchd Rome, napped. Ate. More Rome, bed.

Broke open several packed boxed of figures and ran an inventory of my OTC collection. Still missing one Canadian carded OTC figure Jablo-Jill from the 05 line. Which is not a big deal since the '05 Canadian carded figures did not come with the star burst background. All told I have 112 OTC figures if you include the VOTC figures from 2004 and the "Exclusives" from 2004-05.
    May the force be with you.

Last weekend before school year #12 starts. / Picked up a library book (trying to read one more before the summer's over for me) and read some, a little "exciting" shopping (a toilet seat cover, some hangers, a bed sheet set, bags of chips,... but I forgot to get the plastic scraper). Really just vegged; was in front of the TV for almost all the NFL HOF induction ceremony speeches.