Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1478
    Did a 10K race in the morning. It was pretty low key, at is was for members of the running club only, and only 23 people were in it. Since I had just done a 2 mile cross country race on Thursday, I was just hoping to run relaxed and find a good rhythm and hopefully run 7 minute pace. However, several people went out pretty fast, and I kind of got pulled along with that briefly before letting them go. It was still a bit faster than I had wanted to do. I did pass three of them before a mile, but the next person (the top female finisher) I was unable to gain ground on, and pulled further away from me in the second half of the run. I ended up running a minute slower than 7 minute pace, but the course was probably between 6.3 and 6.4, and my Garmin watch said I was right at 7 minute pace.

Later in the afternoon, my girlfriend came over and we went out to eat at Old Country Buffet. We stopped by my mom's for a short visit, then came home and watched some classic Doctor Who.

Hey MSP, I've had similar days of good workout followed by stuffing my cake crusher!

Helped Mrs. TI7 get her classroom ready for the new school year, went grocery shopping, helped a buddy with an ammunition dilemma, just fired up the grill to burn some salmon patties in a few minutes. Laundry and TV on tap for the evening. Can I party or what?!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Went for a couple mile walk with my sis.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found out that a sprinkler head and pipe broke, so hand watering that part of the lawn took longer; noticed that the hot water tank may be leaking (not sure from where the puddle came). Headed to the school to make copies (only one functioning copier, which had an error message in between jobs ). Home to staple said copies (still not done yet), plan some lessons, ignore the grading pile (for a bit), pop in a load of laundry (yet to fold), watch the Steelers lose a preseason game. Sleep.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ran, went to the farmers market. That for the most part was it for my productivity for the day.

I spent a good part of the night unpacking my collection. Sadly there were more victims during this last move than I'd have liked.

Also, the heat seems to have caused several rubber bands to snap and now a few of my box sets have figure floating around loose inside the box.

I will be salvaging what I can and opening what can't be saved, probably end up listing them as I already have far too many loose figures floating around and I don't plan on keeping any loose PT figures.
    May the force be with you.

I have been thinking about the boxed SW stuff I have, too, sk_99. But I choose to ignore it for now. :badidea?:

I cleaned the gutters in the backyard. Yuck, including the hose spray-back that entailed washing the shirt in two loads of laundry. Out for effective errands (over $7 in recycling, after a 30-minute + wait time [good to see so many people recycling ]; closed a "young savers" account at the bank & transferred those funds to my "big boy debts owned" one; got a book [and started to read it once back home] at B&N and a $.99 Best of Billy Ocean CD at Best Buy [both were coupons]; dropped off books at the library; brought home pizza and bread as lunch). Watched some DVR'd shows. Successfully avoided grading or lesson planning. Got a phone call from the neighbor across the street that some flashlight beams were visible near our side yard; called police dispatch to investigate: turned out to be a kid who does live next door, but he was talking on his cell phone while pacing in the backyard, dressed in black and with a flashlight. Gotta keep an eye on that now, I guess. Slept wearily.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I have been thinking about the boxed SW stuff I have, too, sk_99. But I choose to ignore it for now. :badidea?:
    I wouldn't worry too much unless you are at a high risk. Texas heat is a killer, plus my movers packed some of my stuff and weren't very careful. I might have fared better if I had ALL of my figures in procases. Those that were made it though all right for the most part, there were a few that got crushed, even in the cases. Also the heat turned a few bubbles yellow and caused a few rubber bands to snap. 110 plus degree heat in non-climate controlled storage for months is not good for a collection.

My last move was back in July last year and our stuff sat in storage until I got the house here in January, household goods dropped off in February, then I had to unpack the house stuff, so my collection sat in the garage.

I have been slowly going through everything. I am doing an inventory, checking everything to see what will need to be replaced.

My OTC collection is in great shape! Which is good because I bought nearly everything from OTC, ships, figures, even the figure cases (Vader case with Boba Fett and Stormtrooper and C-3PO case with Han and Chewie).

My TSC collection took the biggest hit, which was far from complete anyway. The Episode III Heroes and Villains (12 of 12) all took damage to the cards.

So far I have my entire OTC collection nicely displayed in the garage, all figures hung on the wall, 2 big shelves with my vehicles, 12 inch figures, Jedi Council sets, Mos Eisley Cantina sets, Death Star Briefing and Bounty Hunters sets, etc.
    May the force be with you.

Ran in a local race (did the 2 mile), went to Perkins for breakfast (and to put on any weight lost while running), relaxed, napped, did some laundry and regretted having to go back to work the next day.