Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1479
    Since I'm on house arrest, er, on call, I managed a little more yard work and domestic chores than normal. Q'd steaks tonight for the first time in a very long time (the budget finally allowed it). Now staying close to the phone hoping there's no banger reprisals tonight.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I've been writing. I have been unable to stop all day after waking form a restfull sleep I had to catch up from following a previous night of insomnia.

I just did amazing writing - like 50 pages! I hope when I review it the next day I will remain so pleased.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

At our school, some of the staff does that November write-a-lot-of-whatever-you-want program; I may have to join them this year (forget grading, lesson planning, showering and eating! ).

Surprisingly, I got quite a bit done. Considering I didn't even shower. Graded all 500+ (that is, if every student turned in what they were assigned) language term items and selected the ones to be displayed in the classroom, finished 2/3 of my notebooks, and recorded said grades. Listened to the 80s and 90s DirecTV stations (good tunes, man; and without a pre-set playlist that I knew about beforehand) while doing so. Did a load of sheets, watched a little TV, read almost to the end of a good book, got dinner out. Quoting an 80s/90s artist (who I saw on the big screen at the Dodger game two weeks back): "I gotta say it was a good day." :noautomaticweapons:
    "That's what Sheev said."

Ran 13.7 miles in what was probably my 'best' run of the year. Made a huge breakfast most of which I didn't eat. Napped, interwebed, went out to eat with a buddy then we went to see a local band where we know a couple of the guys.

"Slept in" until 5:45. Did some work caulking the dripping gutters (was semi-successful), not due to all the rain we have NOT gotten in months, but the run-off from the A/C unit seemingly on, all, the, time, lately. Now up to almost $30 in school recycling after this week's drop-off (turned in my last drawing ticket for the summer contest program :fingerscrossed: ). Finished my gotta-get-to grading, and planned the coming week's lessons. Read about half of the SW book I had started a day before. Watched the s win and some hadn't-seen-before reruns of Pawn Stars. Went to bed and actually fell asleep fairly easily and quickly. Hooray!

Ran in the Lake Padden Relay. I did my 2.6 mile lap around the lake in 16:32. About 35 seconds slower than last year, but about the time I felt I was capable of today, and felt I could have done a bit better. Felt a bit stronger at the end than I have in my other recent races, so that might be a good sign.

After that, my girlfriend and I went to Coconut Kenny's for lunch, as I a coupon for a free sandwich that I got in a random drawing from another race I had run in April.

Later, we watched a bit of TV, including some classic Doctor Who, and then watched the movie "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

Had a rather underwhelming family birthday gathering, we went to the Petersen Automotive museum and then El Torito and finally cake at my sister's place, but none of it went over well unfortunately.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The college team I help coach had its first cross country meet of the year, after that I went by some friends house for a get together then went home and called it a day.

I helped my wife get her classroom ready for Back to School Night (or whatever you call it in your area) after bringing her some lunch. She's vertically challenged, so my help is always appreciated (my dad was 6'4" tall...dang! I wish I would have gotten his height genes...). We worked until 1700 hours and decided to go to dinner. About 2 minutes after arriving, my oldest brother, sister-law-and niece also walked in much to our surprise! We haven't seen each other in quite some time (mainly due to my wacky work hours), so we had a most enjoyable dinner together catching up on family things and other subjects of interest. Quite a nice day!

BTW: My brother DID get our dad's height genes....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We worked until 1700 hours and decided to go to dinner.
    Uh, there are only 24 hours in a day... unless you were on a DIFFERENT PLANET!!!

Sprinklers run, backyard worked on (including moving a large worm to a box with leaves, instead of yummy vegetables on the vine and flower petals), recyclables crushed and emptied. Drove to B&N (no comic there), Costco (recharge the cash card, spend much of it on gas), Toys R Us (no comic there, either, but did find The Black Series Padme fig), comic shop (closed, but since I'd forgotten to drop off said recyclables, when I went out again, I then found that comic shop open and STILL the issue wasn't in stock... but see my comment in the "Stores" thread here on SSG for a weird cashier tale). Home indoors to avoid humidity and 100+ temps, with college football watching, grading. Out to another store (not for comics, but home items), with a great sunset.