Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1479
    Nursed Mrs. TI7 while she battled a 103º fever and flu on her first day of Christmas vacation (I guess her flu shot was a placebo this year). Six days later, she still feels puny. Fun way to spend a vacation...for the both of us. Also worked on getting the house in order for Christmas and the arriving family onslaught.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I have heard from several friends of the evils of bad health to start the holidays. Boo! Boo, I say! My mom's now part of that crowd. Boo! I was part of them, too a week ago. Don't let a friend pressure you in; it's not cool!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Somewhat slept in, but still up in time to see my uncle off on his drive home. Took down most of the outdoor lights (which sadly, didn't work all that well this year ). Read some (including from my porch, to watch the trash cans at the curb, as there's been a few issues there recently ), graded none, watched TV and net surfed. Out to a local candy shop for a candy cane making demonstration (free mini samples).

Cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen....

Did I mention the relatives were here?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen, cooked, cleaned the kitchen....

Did I mention the relatives were here?
    What gets typed in light font, stays in light font... I've run the dishwasher about 6 times in the past week, when I usually do so that much in about a fortnight.

Took down the remaining outdoor decorations, and did some around-the-house clean up. Dropped off and picked up a couple books at the library. Went to do some copying at the school, so I wouldn't be caught up in the copier line Monday morning... only to realize I didn't have all the originals with me. So, back home to start that over (also did some set-up in my classroom). Read some, watched a little TV (just can't avoid watching SWE4:TESB when it comes on cable, you know). Got take-out as dinner.

Snowshoed, then went to workout where I managed to tweak my back working with kettle bells then I gave myself a blister bigger then a quarter while water running because I forgot to bring shoes to wear in the pool. #thatswhatyougetforworkingout

EDIT: I forgot to add the "good news" of my Saturday, meeting with some of the guys from my fantasy football leagues and collecting my winnings!

Slept in (yay! ), cleaned up various piles of stuff around the place (not-so yay), got almost $10 in recycling (yay! ), banked and booked (deposits at both; yay! ), finished all the grading (yay! ) from this first week of school, watched some interesting TV (one of those free preview pay channel weekends; yay! ), then prepared for Sunday's "planned local power outage" (BOO!!! but as long as it's legit maintenance I guess it's important: just no NJ freeway closure-type stuff! ).

I did not sleep in, I got up early hopped in the car and drove 3 hours to my first ever snowshoe race where I was the overall winner in the 5k race. Driving home took up most of the day, with a little interwebs and reading thrown in.