Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1471
    Another snowshoe race, felt like carp, still I managed to qualify for the US Snowshoe Assoc National Championships (I'll accept donations). That and about 6 hours of driving took up most of my Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Another snowshoe race, felt like carp, still I managed to qualify for the US Snowshoe Assoc National Championships (I'll accept donations). That and about 6 hours of driving took up most of my Saturday.
    Cool. I just looked that up and it looks like you will be making a trip to Vermont. I'd like to take a trip to that part of the country someday. Maybe fly to Boston and then drive up through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Maybe do a race while I'm there, too. I've never done any snow sports other than running in snow or sledding down a hill. I've never been skiing, snowshoeing or snowboarding, even though I live in a great place to do it.

Sorry MSP but I won't be making a trip to Vermont this year, I'm going to Boston to see the Brewers play in April and while I could spring for another trip East I don't think doing two in a month is the best idea.

Oddly enough what you said you'd like to do is exactly the type of plan that I had for myself. As far as never being on snowshoes in short you don't go as fast as you would running but you're working just as hard. I haven't totally figured out the effort to speed thing. Also, if you look for my name in the list of athletes who have qualified I'm not listed under Jim Jam Bonds.

Oddly enough what you said you'd like to do is exactly the type of plan that I had for myself. As far as never being on snowshoes in short you don't go as fast as you would running but you're working just as hard. I haven't totally figured out the effort to speed thing. Also, if you look for my name in the list of athletes who have qualified I'm not listed under Jim Jam Bonds.
    Probably something similar to the many long trail races we have around here. You can't run like you normally would when you have to run a lot of steep up and down, often single track trails. I haven't done too many of them.

I think I figured out your name a while back from some other race you did, so I was able to find your name on the qualifier list.

Snowshoeing is fun, its tough, a good workout, but a good way to be able to get out there so to speak. Since you live in snow country I recommend giving it a whirl (if possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I think I figured out your name a while back from some other race you did, so I was able to find your name on the qualifier list.
    Really? Well I suppose you could get my age from my birthday thread and you know the state I live in from many posts, so I guess its fairly easy. In case you weren't 100% sure I'm M.C.

Snowshoeing is fun, its tough, a good workout, but a good way to be able to get out there so to speak. Since you live in snow country I recommend giving it a whirl (if possible).

Really? Well I suppose you could get my age from my birthday thread and you know the state I live in from many posts, so I guess its fairly easy. In case you weren't 100% sure I'm M.C.
    I think you mentioned a time you ran for a race, and I knew the state, so I was able figure it out from there.

Past tense verbs:
    - Slept in.
    - Ran sprinklers.
    - Did crossword.
    - Washed few loads of laundry.
    - Realized USA/Russia hockey was on live; only saw 3rd period, OT, & SO.
    - Walked down to get a haircut.
    - Graded my stuff throughout the day.
    - Planned coming week's lessons.
    - Drove out to get potting soil, replacement mailbox numbers, maps.
    - Watched various TV programming.
    - Made meatloaf, potatoes, peas as dinner.
    - Read some of an interesting author's so-far-uninteresting historical book.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

For the 3rd Saturday in a row I was in a snowshoe race (a 5k in Milwaukee), when the gun went off I was instantly in second which is where I was for the entire race.

After that I went to REI then hit up Boston Market and then a AWESOME local place for ice cream.

First part of the day: quite effective and efficient (watched the USA/Finland hockey game early, laundry, recycling [approaching $200 on the school year], visited a local museum [I'd never been to in all my years living in this area] with a Comics & Pop Art exhibit, graded a fair amount). Latter part of the day: not much, aside from making dinner, then TV and the couch.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Worked out, went to a historical trade fair, then a outlet mall (both duds), hit up some good pizza on the way home then the usual...interwebs, laundry, reading.